Single supplement discounts?

Does royal ever offer single rates at less than 200%? And if so is it easy to find?

I know some ships have studio cabins, but I usually don't book far enough in advanced for them to be available. A misguided hope that I can find a friend to vacation with.

And yes, I know other lines have options too (it's why I've been on more week cruises with them!). Just wish I could select one guest on the main search page on royal like other lines and easily see how much each cruise would run me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does royal ever offer single rates at less than 200%? And if so is it easy to find?

I know some ships have studio cabins, but I usually don't book far enough in advanced for them to be available. A misguided hope that I can find a friend to vacation with.

And yes, I know other lines have options too (it's why I've been on more week cruises with them!). Just wish I could select one guest on the main search page on royal like other lines and easily see how much each cruise would run me.

Hello,

The direct answers to your two opening questions are: (1) Yes, and (2) No.

There may be single special offers when bookings are low and RCI are anxious to fill the ship - reduced single supps are not a sign of RCI generosity.

Do not trust the RCI website even to give you the time of day, let alone the correct price for something. As soon as you input a single traveller the system will multiply the first pax cost by two to get your cost even when the current offer is 'second pax pays 50%'.

When you get to 340 Crown and Anchor points you then benefit by only having to pay a 50% supplement, not 100% (though subject to a couple of restrictions). Even so, the RCI website cannot get this right as when I input one pax and my C&A membership number (to get the 50% single supplement price) the system automatically doubles the first pax cost. The real cost has to be worked-out by hand by someone in the Loyalty Department.

Moral? Find a good TA that (a) advertises special single prices (there is one in the UK), and (b) is prepared to haggle with RCI on your behalf whose telesales people are not very [i can't think of a word that I can get away with!].

Regards,

Cublet

not reliably and certainly not easily. you basically have to call in person( don't even try to book online on your own) and be subscribed to every cruise line sale website out there. this is one time a good TA is a smart choice to use as opposed to doing it all yourself.

not reliably and certainly not easily. you basically have to call in person( don't even try to book online on your own) and be subscribed to every cruise line sale website out there. this is one time a good TA is a smart choice to use as opposed to doing it all yourself.

Hello,

I use the website in order to find out what (a) the D+ Balcony discount is (the difference between 2 pax with one D+ and two pax with no C&A membership), and (b) what the port fees are (the difference between 1 pax and two pax on any grade). Once I know these two figures I can work out exactly what I should pay at 150% of the first pax rate including discount and port fees. I then set this out in a table and, via my TA who likes an argument, say to RCI "What do you make of that?".

What they do make of it is (1) if taking a number off the price, then round that number down, (2) if adding a number to the price, then round it up.

Regards,

Cublet

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/quot

I have found that the stdio is often MORE than for one person in a regular inside. Square footage is less and some only have a twin bed. I prefer booking a regular inside for space and the extra point per day.

I recently purchased a studio on Quantum from Shanghai within 45 days of sailing' date=' so studio rooms are available on some sailings. I heard about these rooms while I was on Oasis last year.[/quote']

It would still be to the OP's benefit to figure out if paying the solo supplement is cheaper than the studio. Based on other threads here, it does happen frequently. Considering that the often-lower pricing of paying for two people for a larger room and double C+A points, it looks like the benefit of a studio is just easier pricing upfront.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be easy! Otherwise I would have figured out a way by now.

I'll try to find a TA that lists single stuff. I've actually only booked one cruise myself outside of a group cruises, so I'll message that TA and see if they have deals for singles too.

Thanks everyone!