MSC Grandiosa's deployment has just been announced

Beamafar

According to the following article, MSC Grandiosa will be spending her inaugural winter season in 2019/2020 in the Western Mediterranean:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/18567-msc-announces-winter-2019-2020-deployment-grandiosa-in-med.html

While referencing Meraviglia's deployment Stateside, it states that Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve will be open for the season.

Bookings have opened for club members, little wonder it has only been booked twice when the website will not work!

I didn't even get an email with a heads-up, let alone to notify me of any extra-special discounts as a Voyagers' Club member for pre-sale. I read it here yesterday when Mark (Cruisers6) mentioned it. I meant to ask him how he knew that the pre-sale was starting today.

I'm making some allowances for MSC UK because of the recent weather event (I'm currently awaiting a response to an email) but this should have been an automatically generated notification.

Hi Bea, I got an email “23rd Feb 5.04pm monthly newsletter II 2018”

It was in there.

My fingers are sore from trying to see YC prices today but I got nowhere!

I thought of you Dave, as for a while the only cabin not ‘sold out’ was an Aurea suite.

Fingers crossed it will be working before the 2 weeks run out [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dave ............ I got one notifying me of the Bellissima pre-sale. Anyway, it seems that Grandiosa is debuting in the Winter in the Med - no, thank you, MSC!

Mark .......... Thanks! I thought it might have been on foot of an email, but, as I didn't get one, myself, I thought you might have had an inside track! :p

I remember the day that Meraviglia was to go on sale. I rang MSC that morning and was told that sales didn't open 'til 12 noon. However, the rep knew me from previous contact so she rang me back just as it opened on the system, so, I reckon I was one of the very first to book a YC on Meraviglia! Got 20% Black Card discount, too; it was just before the introduction to Voyagers' Club and subsequent reduction of said discount to 5%!.

I’ve now idea how we signed up to the “newsletters”

I was hoping that they would put August 2020 on there being a new ship we’re booked up until then and like you say Bea the med in winter is hardly something to get excited about.

I’ve now idea how we signed up to the “newsletters”

I was hoping that they would put August 2020 on there being a new ship we’re booked up until then and like you say Bea the med in winter is hardly something to get excited about.

After our experience on Orchestra last December, I don't think we'll ever cruise the Med in winter, again. :rolleyes: Anyway, MSC prices for Med cruises off-season have become ridiculous.

I wonder why they open bookings so much later for you Brits. I was able to book a YC interior for an October Med sailing back in November. It was about $500 per person more than the same cruise in 2017. But we so loved the YC experience as well as the ports so still seemed worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder why they open bookings so much later for you Brits. I was able to book a YC interior for an October Med sailing back in November. It was about $500 per person more than the same cruise in 2017. But we so loved the YC experience as well as the ports so still seemed worth it.

On Grandiosa?

Although the YC inside price is appealing at £1,009 the weather could be horrendous.

At the same time last year cruises were advertised leaving Miami for $300!

(I know I know hurricane season)

My daughter turns 18 in May and it looks like she’s not allowed to share a YC balcony but it’s ok if she’s 17????

Confused [emoji15]

No Bea it was December at the lowest priced week. I can only get the dates from Nov 16th where the inside price is £1,136.25 from Genoa

21st November from Barcelona inside is £1,082 and YC balcony £1,470

Prices would have to drop some way to make it appealing for us being in winter, though we did have a good cruise on the Costa Deliziosa over a Xmas period but there is no guarantee. Would rather go somewhere the weather is likely to be warmer.

No Bea it was December at the lowest priced week. I can only get the dates from Nov 16th where the inside price is £1,136.25 from Genoa

21st November from Barcelona inside is £1,082 and YC balcony £1,470

Silly me - I was looking at Bellissima! :rolleyes: For December, cheapest is €1329 pp here for YIN. (Roughly £1200). That's from Barcelona - always the cheapest quoted for us because of direct flight availability.

Silly me - I was looking at Bellissima! :rolleyes: For December, cheapest is €1329 pp here for YIN. (Roughly £1200). That's from Barcelona - always the cheapest quoted for us because of direct flight availability.

That’s better then. I can’t wait for Bellissima [emoji3]

We’re also visiting your shores next year. We were presented with a cruise last weekend as a sort of bonus!

Calling at killibegs, Dublin & Cobh!

Only trouble is it’s with that Dover Calais car ferry company, on the ship who’s engine had to be replaced in January.....wish us luck [emoji15]

Just got the below email...

£100 deposit but no mention of a free cirque de soleil dinner show like I got when booking Bellissima [emoji33]

Mark,

Another extraordinary new ship is now under construction for MSC Cruises. It is MSC Grandiosa, launching in November 2019. Sales are now open for its first season, but only to you, our members, until 18th March, allowing you to secure your favourite cabins.

As the name suggests, it is going to be big - our biggest ship to date. The MSC Grandiosa prototype is a larger version of MSC Meraviglia and MSC Bellissima, featuring more public space for guests and new features.

To celebrate the opening of sales we are offering an additional 5% early-booking discount for the next six months, combinable with your always-available 5% club discount.