Brief Review Silhouette 2/18-25

keesar

To the OP. Appears as if you really enjoyed your cruise. You mentioned that you have Elite status so you have cruised before.

Is there anyhing that really stood out that made it more enjoyable than your other cruises?

The fellow cruisers were very friendly and few chair hogs.

Food was outstanding both at the buffet. Aqua and Murano.

No lines at the Guest Relations.

Greek night at the buffet featured outstanding food.

Things that weren’t as good?

Some individuals at Trivia were extremely intense.

Our stateroom attendant was not up to standards as we had in the past.

Things that changed that you really missed?

Still no daily bottled water in Aqua Class.

Had to ask for additional toiletries, reminders to return laundry, clean knife and plate in the room with appetizers, etc.

Still miss the old style production shows.

Anything that changed that made it better?

During a sea day, they offered a Broadway Review production show which was outstanding.

Bands and music were very talented.

We liked how the food stations were re-designed at the buffet.

Pool butlers were quick to remove towels.

We have sailed in AQ many times and lately we have also had attendants that were very lax or new and we had to inform or ask for many items that we knew were included. I agree about the check lists.

Thanks

Happy cruising

The review and this Q and A were very helpful. Thanks for taking the time!

Thank you for your review. We sailed on her before and will be returning to her next month! We are also looking into some cruises in Europe and to our delight, currently the schedule is on the Silhouette!

Happy Sailing!

We had to ask for another set of shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel. Usually there is an additional set by the vanity. Had to ask for a shower cap and facecloths. On the towel bars, there was a bath towel and one small towel. Used to be 3 towels on each bar. We had to ask for a knife for the appetizers and a change of plate. The same one was left there with a new napkin on top. (Could not believe that one!). No pen. No ice or ice bucket in the room. Needed to ask attendant to check on laundry even though it had been sent to be laundered mid-cruise well before the deadline.

I think attendants need to have a check list of what to include in a room. He was lucky I had prepaid tips.

We were in Concierge Class. Our attendant added more shampoo/conditioner/body wash when we used what we had. No shower cap, but I didn't need it. I do miss the container of q-tips and cotton balls we used to get.

They haven't put out ice buckets automatically for some time. Probably 2013 or 2014? You can always ask and it will appear, but we didn' use it when we had it, so we don't mind it gone.

Our pen and notepad was gone, so we asked and another appeared. My guess is the previous guest took it home.

We asked for the fruit to be removed and canapés not be delivered. Our attendant could not bring himself to remove the fruit. Sigh. He even replaced it when it started go look older. A couple of times the canapés were still delivered. Maybe a sub? We've spent some ing like 12 weeks in C2 rooms in the last 5-6 years, so we know what to expect.

We had to ask for beach towels. We learned for this trip to just get them from the pool the night before. Funny - since in December they appeared as expected.

In all, we had a great cruise with an excellent staff.

We will be first time Celebrity cruisers and first time in Concierge. I'm wondering if you could help myself and others like me to know what should be present. Someone mentioned a checklist. I don't want to assume or ask for something that is not part of the service.

THANKS!

We will be first time Celebrity cruisers and first time in Concierge. I'm wondering if you could help myself and others like me to know what should be present. Someone mentioned a checklist. I don't want to assume or ask for something that is not part of the service.

THANKS!

On the Celebrity website, there should be a list of amenities for Concierge. Print it out and it should be helpful as a general guide. Also, make sure you bring a copy of your Guest Invoice. That is helpful if one of your perks does not appear. It has helped us in the past when our OBC did not post. There is no record on the ship-only in Miami. On our last cruise, they were posted on our account on the tv when we checked that first afternoon.

THANKS!

You should get a flyer when you check in, showing a photo of the concierge, listing some of the perks, and calling attention to the lunch. We were actually greeted at check in by the concierge. She was in the check in area. We arrived about 12:20. You need to be in the MDR for lunch by 1.

There should be a pen and pad of paper in all the rooms. For CC rooms, they offer a "pillow menu" which includes a body pillow. There is a bottle of sparkling wine, not usually chilled. Sometimes you need to ask for it, since it often is no longer used. They will happily chill it upon request. Ours was just in the corner of the desk in the room with two flutes.

The first evening chic night you'll usually get a nicer bag. The last week we were there, Miami had goofed and not included them in the shipment. Happens.

A little dish of fresh fruit, plate with napkin and knife (the knife is useless), canapés. In the bathroom, everyone gets shampoo, conditioner, bar soap. CC and above adds body wash. You can request a shower cap and a "vanity kit" which includes q-tips and cotton balls, plus a mini Emory board. Those used to be automatic as well, but we had to ask last cruise.

The towels are a little larger/heavier than balcony/oceanview/interior rooms. If you desire more towels or facecloths, just ask.

We were in Concierge Class. Our attendant added more shampoo/conditioner/body wash when we used what we had. No shower cap, but I didn't need it. I do miss the container of q-tips and cotton balls we used to get.

Our pen and notepad was gone, so we asked and another appeared. My guess is the previous guest took it home.

We had to ask for beach towels. We learned for this trip to just get them from the pool the night before. Funny - since in December they appeared as expected.

They haven’t had the q tips or cotton balls in the glass container for a few years. My wife never used them because she didn’t trust the exposure. They now supply a few in small wrapped packages.

The canapés seem to be hit or miss. We were told that they won’t delivery them unless we were in the cabin because of food exposure. Many times comming back they would be there and we never ate it because we didn’t know how long it was sitting their and they never leave any forks for the times that need it.

We have mostly sailed in AQ and always tell the attendant not to leave them, or the tea, and to remove that smelly oil pot with the sticks. The fruit just sits there and I guess spoils. Too much other food available and if I want some fruit I can get some elsewhere.

They use to have nice metal pens, now it is just the cheap plastic that are everywhere

On our cruises last year we had to get beach towels at as we left the ship and they took our cabin number. When we returned no one crossed our name off a list and their wasn’t anyone there monitoring the return.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We had a very enjoyable cruise on the Silhouette. Food, entertainment, and overall services were excellent. I had been a little nervous after having read some comments but there are just those that love to complain. On our cruise, here were some of the complaints. "Plane arrived too early into FLL". "Ship left 30 minutes early". "I did not get a good seat to see the monitor during the safety drill". "Blu did not have my favorite type of wine". I could go on.

There were no lines when I went down to Guest Relations which may be a testament on how well the ship is run. One of the best and we have been on many cruises.