Photos of food

vent1020

SO, I am curious of what people think of this topic. I'm sure I will get answers on both sides of the topic, but want to see what the consensus is.

I want to take pictures of the food when I go on my upcoming cruise. My wife thinks that it is poor etiquette and potentially annoying to other diners. I've seen enough pictures, especially on these boards to know that it happens a lot.

So, bad etiquette or nothing wrong with it? Does it matter whether it's in the buffet, MDR or specialty restaurant. I'd love to hear opinions on it.

Take all the photos you want, but please try to avoid using a flash if at all possible. If you can do it without a flash no one will be the wiser.

Take all the photos you want, but please try to avoid using a flash if at all possible. If you can do it without a flash no one will be the wiser.

Even if you use a flash, who cares? People all the time who are on vacation and having a great time take pictures of the group and everything around them in the dining venues. They use their flash. Have fun. It's vacation, not boot camp.

Cheers.

Edited by ColinIllinois

I love logging onto CC and seeing people post pics of Dailies, menus and food, so I'm all for it! In my humble opinion I would say common sense goes a long way, no flash, don't hold up any lines at the buffet, that kind of stuff.

While I rarely benefit from the food photos myself, I certainly have no issues seeing them. And as far as taking the photos, frankly, I've never noticed anyone doing it, although I'm sure they did. Unless they are using flash, I just have a hard time imagining I'd care one little bit. To the OP, I say "go for it!" (You paid for the cruise. You should capture the memories you really want to.)

I want to take pictures of the food when I go on my upcoming cruise. My wife thinks that it is poor etiquette and potentially annoying to other diners. I've seen enough pictures, especially on these boards to know that it happens a lot. So, bad etiquette or nothing wrong with it? Does it matter whether it's in the buffet, MDR or specialty restaurant. I'd love to hear opinions on it.

So,,, people on CC are always looking for menus and ideas of what food looks like. We snap away and post those photos on links like the following:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2546799