Dining Packages - Book Ahead? How does it work?

MamaChach

I am sailing on the Silhouette in March. It appears that if we purchase a dining package ahead of time, that it saves money rather than booking individual specialty restaurants once on board. I know I want to do the Lawn Club, Muranos and possibly Tuscan - any advice here will be helpful.

If I purchase a 3 night package, do I decide which restaurants and when? Or do they just assign so I might not get what I want?

Thanks!!

I am sailing on the Silhouette in March. It appears that if we purchase a dining package ahead of time, that it saves money rather than booking individual specialty restaurants once on board. I know I want to do the Lawn Club, Muranos and possibly Tuscan - any advice here will be helpful.

If I purchase a 3 night package, do I decide which restaurants and when? Or do they just assign so I might not get what I want?

Thanks!!

Note that the 4-night package is generally the best deal - cheaper per night than even the 6-night package - only $16 more than the 3-night package, so fourth night only costs $16!

When you board Silhouette go to any specialty restaurant and make your reservations

We have bought our dining package upfront with good discounts over the individual restaurants as i am reading more and more that discounts once on board are getting fewer and fewer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read in a similar pat that they sell the packages on board for a discount...do I buy now or wait until we get on board?

Same question for drink package;)

Thanks!

I don’t think the packages are available once on board. You may be able to negotiate a discount on individual restaurants once on board but i don’t believe you will get any better deal this way . But i do stand corrected

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! You've made my mind up...a 4 night package it is:) Now I know for sure I will choose Murano and the Lawn Club Grill...What are you other favorites?

It's a great deal and you will enjoy all the specialty venues. My one recommendation would be that you board the ship early and go to the individual restaurants and book your reservations ASAP. We boarded at 1:00 p.m. and found that the nights and times we wanted were already booked. Keep in mind they keep a certain number of tables in reserve for suite customers, so availability is limited - especially for sea days.

Enjoy!!

Thank you for asking this question...I was just wondering myself. We are booked on the Norwegian Fjord cruise in May on Eclipse. We purchased the 5 night Specialty Dining package. When I tried to book the restaurants and times we wanted, it showed a price for each of us. But they should be included. So from what I can tell is that the benefit of the package is a discounted price, but the downside is that you can’t pick the restaurant and times until you board? Is this correct? Usually what’s leftover once you board is way early or way late...not too happy if this is the case. On a side note...we received an email from Celebrity last week, that they are having staggered boarding in Dublin ...and we are requested not to embark until our specified time based on deck number and /or status. We are mid point in boarding process, so again, we cant board early to snag decent dining times if this is the case? Any help on this confusion would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Advice needed! 7 night, first celebrity cruise:

Which night for restaurant- 1st or 2nd? When you book the package you have to choose.

Which nights to book other restaurants once on board? We don’t know when Chic nights are yet or main dining menus so it’s a bit hard to think about.

I’ve read you have to book immediately one on board to get days and times you want.

Thank you to all of the experienced cruisers that provide great advice!!

Thank you for asking this question...I was just wondering myself. We are booked on the Norwegian Fjord cruise in May on Eclipse. We purchased the 5 night Specialty Dining package. When I tried to book the restaurants and times we wanted, it showed a price for each of us. But they should be included. So from what I can tell is that the benefit of the package is a discounted price, but the downside is that you can’t pick the restaurant and times until you board? Is this correct? Usually what’s leftover once you board is way early or way late...not too happy if this is the case. On a side note...we received an email from Celebrity last week, that they are having staggered boarding in Dublin ...and we are requested not to embark until our specified time based on deck number and /or status. We are mid point in boarding process, so again, we cant board early to snag decent dining times if this is the case? Any help on this confusion would be greatly appreciated.
Correct, the cruise line is giving you a reduced price to wait until you board to book. If you want a specific restaurant on a specific night you may be better off ore booking at full price.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk