Packages on Epic

NewCruiser51912

Hubby and I are first time cruisers. We love experiencing new food and don't want to have to worry about a huge bill when we're done, so we got the drink package and the specialty dining package. I know the specialty dining package includes most of the "a la carte" restaurants, but is there anything that it doesn't include? I've seen a lot of people posting about all the things you get charged extra for but no one has mentioned the packages. I thought I saw somewhere that a couple restaurants weren't included but now I can't find that anywhere.

I was told that as far as the drink package, it's not so much of a "free drinks" but that you get up to $30 per drink. So we've got the loopholes figured out on that.

Does anyone have experience with the drink and specialty dining packages?

Hubby and I are first time cruisers. We love experiencing new food and don't want to have to worry about a huge bill when we're done, so we got the drink package and the specialty dining package. I know the specialty dining package includes most of the "a la carte" restaurants, but is there anything that it doesn't include? I've seen a lot of people posting about all the things you get charged extra for but no one has mentioned the packages. I thought I saw somewhere that a couple restaurants weren't included but now I can't find that anywhere.

I was told that as far as the drink package, it's not so much of a "free drinks" but that you get up to $30 per drink. So we've got the loopholes figured out on that.

Does anyone have experience with the drink and specialty dining packages?

Offhand I can’t think of anything the dining package doesn’t include. However, you are limited to just one entrée. Now that I think of it I don't think the Sushi Bar is included but I could be wrong.

The drinks are free up to the limit of $15 not $30 but the majority of the drinks you order will be under that $15 limit. Even so, if you order a drink that cost more than the $15 you only pay the difference.

we had dining package on Escape and loved it.

we hit up teppentaki, cagneys, Brazil steakhouse, and Italian. no upcharges when ordering any app, entre, dessert. even the 2 lb prime rib (estimate)was included.

I'm not sure about the other restaurants.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Offhand I can’t think of anything the dining package doesn’t include. However, you are limited to just one entrée. Now that I think of it I don't think the Sushi Bar is included but I could be wrong.

The drinks are free up to the limit of $15 not $30 but the majority of the drinks you order will be under that $15 limit. Even so, if you order a drink that cost more than the $15 you only pay the difference.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Our "personal Cruise Consultant" mentioned $30, but now I remember he was talking about both my husband and I. Thanks!

Just a helpful tip: Click on the promos you are going to receive on NCL.com. Always read the Terms and Conditions of the promos you choose. You will find out not only what is included but also what is not included. You will also see the cost of your "Free" packages.

Cheers.

The difference PLUS gratuity.

Here are a couple of picture I took of the drink menu in the Spinnaker Lounge. I’m posting this just to give you an idea of the pricing. These are not the only drinks you can order, this is just a pricing FYI.

219ax4w.jpg

2vma9w8.jpg

Here are a couple of picture I took of the drink menu in the Spinnaker Lounge. I’m posting this just to give you an idea of the pricing. These are not the only drinks you can order, this is just a pricing FYI.

219ax4w.jpg

2vma9w8.jpg

Thank you! This is very helpful!

So I'm an idiot... I was just looking at our summary again and I completely misunderstood what we got (first time cruiser...). We didn't purchase the UBP or the SDP. We got them as part of the choose up to 5 offers free at sea promo. How does that change our situation? It looks like we get 3 specialty dining meals, but does it change anything major?

So I'm an idiot... I was just looking at our summary again and I completely misunderstood what we got (first time cruiser...). We didn't purchase the UBP or the SDP. We got them as part of the choose up to 5 offers free at sea promo. How does that change our situation? It looks like we get 3 specialty dining meals, but does it change anything major?

No, you are not an idiot. You are doing due diligence in your research of the upcoming cruise.

Nothing really changes. When you checked the two Free at Sea choices that you wanted a service promotion charge was automatically added to the cost of your cruise. That charge covers the tips on the UBP and SDP. You still have the $15 limit per drink though.

Here’s a link to the terms and conditons of the Free at Sea promotion. https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions Ever since NCL began offering this promotion they’ve had me hooked.

No, you are not an idiot. You are doing due diligence in your research of the upcoming cruise.

Nothing really changes. When you checked the two Free at Sea choices that you wanted a service promotion charge was automatically added to the cost of your cruise. That charge covers the tips on the UBP and SDP. You still have the $15 limit per drink though.

Here’s a link to the terms and conditons of the Free at Sea promotion. https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions Ever since NCL began offering this promotion they’ve had me hooked.

Thank you! I've been trying to find that Terms & Conditions pages for awhile and I've had no luck! I'm debating seeing if I can upgrade to more than 3 meals if the price is right because Hubby and I are really excited for specialty dining.

Thank you! I've been trying to find that Terms & Conditions pages for awhile and I've had no luck! I'm debating seeing if I can upgrade to more than 3 meals if the price is right because Hubby and I are really excited for specialty dining.

Don't discount the wonderful meals in the dining room and other venues. We had the specialty dining pkg for the first time on our last cruise and really did enjoy it however the meals in the dining room are almost as good and the menu changes daily except for a handful of dishes that are offered every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 speciality meals might be plenty plus you don’t need a package to do them. You can pay for them on their own as well. I was on the epic in January and we did 2 specialty dining nights and the rest at different complementary restaurants. So you don’t have to decide ahead of time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums