Kim Sha Beach at Simpson Bay--How far from crusie pier.

nelblu

We're sailing on Allure Easter week and wondering how far is Kim Sha Beach. Also, assuming there's a restaurant and that we can rent loungers and umbrellas. Can recent visitors list cab prices and prices for loungers & umbrellas.

Thanks,

It is 9.3 km (5.8 miles) from the cruise terminal to Kim Sha beach. There are chairs and umbrellas to rent as well as restaurants, although this is the default beach for most of the cruise lines now so availability could be an issue. Sorry, I don't have prices, my observations are based on driving past Kim Sha beach on the way to Mullet Bay (and Google Maps). Enjoy your stop - St Maarten is awesome!

It is 9.3 km (5.8 miles) from the cruise terminal to Kim Sha beach. There are chairs and umbrellas to rent as well as restaurants, although this is the default beach for most of the cruise lines now so availability could be an issue. Sorry, I don't have prices, my observations are based on driving past Kim Sha beach on the way to Mullet Bay (and Google Maps). Enjoy your stop - St Maarten is awesome!

Thanks,

We're sailing on Allure Easter week and wondering how far is Kim Sha Beach. Also, assuming there's a restaurant and that we can rent loungers and umbrellas. Can recent visitors list cab prices and prices for loungers & umbrellas.

Thanks,

Please post on here when you get back about your experience at Kim Sha Beach. I'll be going in May and looking for all the information I can get. Thank-You !

Please post on here when you get back about your experience at Kim Sha Beach. I'll be going in May and looking for all the information I can get. Thank-You !

Kim Sha is also known as Buccaneer Beach Bar. It is a public beach close to condominiums.

Cruise lines offer trips to Buccaneer, with beds supplied on a first come first served basis. In essence, they take your money but do not garantee a bed.

So, if you were in a large condo complex, and wanted a bed on the beach, would you kindly wait until all the ship's guests had arrived, or grab one before?

Hence the phrase "First come....."

Consider Mullet or Simpson

PS: Kim Sha (Buccaneer) is not part of Simpson Bay

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

Visited St Maarten Friday. Approximately half hour drive to get to Kim Sha, including road construction going on near the port.

Taxi fare will depend on the number of people, about $25 total for 1-2 people, $9 per person for 3-5 people, $8 per person for 6+ people. Those prices are each way.

As noted above a lot of ship excursions go there.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks,

How was your visit to Kim Sha ?

If you end up on Kim Sha .. eat at the Greenhouse restaurant on the beach ,very good food with high reviews online .. 2 for 1 drinks so $4 for 2 Presidentes or Red Stripe or $8.50 for 2 mules .. etc.

There is also a supermarket on the main drag with smoothies and a food bar that looked good .. also smoothies at a drink bar.

Beach was pleasant .. but I would do a boat trip if I return .. it just wasn't spectacular (although coming after St John, was a tough thing to do to impress us). Lots of groups coming by in rental jeeps, ATVs, jet skis, etc. We got an awesome deal on just an umbrella for $5 rental .. so it was a low cost day.