Someone explain the boarding time thing to me

blizzrd

What you have selected is your CHECK-IN time at the terminal. That means, unless you have some sort of Priority status such as Platinum, Diamond or FTTF, you will NOT be allowed to enter the terminal until 12:00 p.m. to check in. It has absolutely nothing to do with the boarding time for embarkation. Boarding times can vary, depending on a number of factors. Boarding might begin as early as 11:00 a.m., or it might start later. Don't feel bad. It seems like a lot of people are getting check-in time confused with boarding time.

Also, if you arrive before your Check In Time, you will not be allowed to begin the boarding process until after that time. They will have you wait elsewhere in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival seems to be strict with this policy. So you may want to stick with your boarding time they give you, unless your Diamond, Platinum, or FTTF. I just wish they would be strict with Chair hogs, and dress codes.

Again, it's check-in time - not boarding time.

Carnival seems to be strict with this policy. So you may want to stick with your boarding time they give you, unless your Diamond, Platinum, or FTTF. I just wish they would be strict with Chair hogs, and dress codes.

Check-in time, NOT Boarding time. Please don't add to the confusion. :confused:

Last cruise I went on this past October our check in time was 1130-1200. We arrived at 1015ish, dropped off luggage, parked (at port) and went through all security check points and checked in and received our S&S cards and given boarding zone 6. We sat down and waited our turn for for boarding.

Edited by bubba2012
Correction

If you arrive during your check-in time and have completed all your forms and there are no delays for Diamond, Platinum, or FTTF priority boarders you should be able to board quickly, I would say approx. 30 minutes or less.

Last cruise I went on this past October our check in time was 1130-1200. We arrived at 1015ish, dropped off luggage, parked (at port) and went through all security check points and checked in and received our S&S cards and given boarding zone 6. We sat down and waited our turn for for boarding.

That’s not the way it is in Miami for Glory or Vista.

That’s not the way it is in Miami for Glory or Vista.

Just my experience and honestly in all my cruises, various lines, never been denied access to a terminal being an hour early.

I’ll find out in less then 2 weeks when we sail again. I have same check in time 1130-1200, and will probably arrive at 1030, park and go from there.

Just my experience and honestly in all my cruises, various lines, never been denied access to a terminal being an hour early.

I’ll find out in less then 2 weeks when we sail again. I have same check in time 1130-1200, and will probably arrive at 1030, park and go from there.

The times I have sailed they have been firm with check in times. There is a separate line for those who get there outside their appointment arrival time and it’s outside. If you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF, or have a Suite then you don’t have to follow your time. Otherwise good chance you will be waiting in the elements. There were a whole bunch of people in that line in October. Someday people will learn to follow the rules.

You also don’t receive your S&S card at check in anymore. They will be outside your cabin in the mailbox at the appropriate time depending on the ship.

The times I have sailed they have been firm with check in times. There is a separate line for those who get there outside their appointment arrival time and it’s outside. If you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF, or have a Suite then you don’t have to follow your time. Otherwise good chance you will be waiting in the elements. There were a whole bunch of people in that line in October. Someday people will learn to follow the rules.

You also don’t receive your S&S card at check in anymore. They will be outside your cabin in the mailbox at the appropriate time depending on the ship.

I was on Liberty, Oct 2017 and giving my experience. I received S&S at check in, so I guess it depends on the ship.

Yes. They are staring to convert the ships to the cards in the mailboxes. What ship are you cruising on in 2 weeks? 4 more for me.

Magic, leaving on March 17th. First time on Magic, so we’re excited.

Nice! I can’t remember if Magic has gone to them in the mailboxes or not. I would have to go back and look through some previous threads. Have a great time!!!

I read they were still handing out at check in, but doesn’t mean it can’t change. Doesn’t really matter to me anyway. Thanks, and enjoy your cruise as well.

On carnival, if you are going to a terminal that has check in times, you not be allowed inside until its your check in time. Unless you are platinum, diamond or FTTF.

I have witnessed many people who do not understand this and are angrily waiting outside until their check in time. There will be a line of them.

hi, just want to kno....if the cards are in your mailbox how are they protected? what stops someone from going in your mailbox and removing your cards?

On carnival, if you are going to a terminal that has check in times, you not be allowed inside until its your check in time. Unless you are platinum, diamond or FTTF.

I have witnessed many people who do not understand this and are angrily waiting outside until their check in time. There will be a line of them.

Again, only speaking to my most recent experience. I didn’t have to wait outside and didn’t see anyone either. Perhaps certain times of year it’s more lenient.

hi, just want to kno....if the cards are in your mailbox how are they protected? what stops someone from going in your mailbox and removing your cards?

Royal Caribbean has been doing this for a while and now has Carnival. No one is going to mess with your stuff. They are in an envelope.

ed9b887df4375a0f6b429b2f2e3c7149.jpg

The time YOU choose is your arrival appointment time/ check-in time, and not your boarding time.

If you arrive promptly within your arrival appointment you will be directed to the appropriate line to enter the terminal. If you are either too early or too late for your arrival appointment you will be directed to a line with everyone else who is not within their arrival appointment and may experience a longer line to enter the terminal.

As you enter the terminal, guests should receive a boarding zone card which is for boarding purposes. Once the number on the card is called you may proceed to board the ship.

If General Boarding for all guests have been called then you can board as soon as you enter the terminal and go through security and passport check.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Technically, nothing (except morals) is stopping anyone from taking the envelope with your keys and switching them or throwing them out.

However, that’s all they can do.

There are security measures in place to prevent a guest from using someone else’s card for purchases. For example, if someone takes your card and you haven’t boarded the ship, the card won’t have a photo associated with it so they will know it’s not that other person’s. Alternatively, if you’ve boarded the ship and someone takes your card to use your photo will come up. As soon as you enter the terminal, your picture is taken and linked to your card. No issues with that.

Also, no one can take anything from your room because none of your belongings are there until you arrive.

If the sealed envelope appears to be tampered with just let GS know.