NCL Star from LA

dcruiser50

As platinum cruisers we are on the April 8th Panama canal cruise. Can anyone advise on the boarding process at the cruise port. I have read that there is a line to check in luggage, never been subjected to a line always arrived with luggage tags attached and handed the luggage over to a porter. Do they not have porters at the cruise port? Does anyone know why departure is at 5 and not the usual 4pm

We are now on the Star, Mexican Riviera Cruise. We handed our luggage over to a porter...but saw there was a huge line to check in luggage. I have no idea why people were standing in line, maybe they were trying to avoid tipping a porter?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As platinum cruisers we are on the April 8th Panama canal cruise. Can anyone advise on the boarding process at the cruise port. I have read that there is a line to check in luggage, never been subjected to a line always arrived with luggage tags attached and handed the luggage over to a porter. Do they not have porters at the cruise port? Does anyone know why departure is at 5 and not the usual 4pm

We left LA on the Star in December, we handed the bags to the porter and that was that.

Not sure about the 5pm departure, unless it’s to give additional time to provesion the ship prior to the canal crossing.

We have sailed out of LA before and will again in a week, like the others said, hand them to a porter and go in, no line. And the 5pm is no doubt because of the lengthy cruise and needing to pack on so much more food & booze

San Pedro is like any other port. Drop your bags with the porters. Jump in the security and check-in lines. There is a separate seating area for Suites and Priority Boarders. As Platinum Plus members, we kinda got ignored as the concierge staff was trying to sort out the suites guests. We had a some refreshments and jumped in line as soon as priority boarding started.

Since there is only one Panama Canal cruise, not sure what "the usual 4 pm" reference is to. The Mexican Riviera cruises go the PV as their first port. You are going to Cabo. And d they are probably giving themselves a little time to provision the 14 day cruise vs. 7 day cruise.

aa640de091100b68a2a142c975b273b8.jpg