Books in the “library” on Epic?

gobo2

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but are there actual free books to borrow on the Epic? I read kinda fast, my kindle just died and I don’t wanna drag a whole bunch of books wth me or try to read on my phone.

Thanks!!

If you have a tablet you can get a Kindle app for most of them. Heck, you can get a Kindle app for most phones, Androids at least. The screens aren't as easy on the eye as a Kindle compared to a general-purpose tablet, and a phone screen will of course be smaller, but you can definitely install the app, authorize them, and download some books.

Was just on Sapphire Princess and they had some good books as part of a free exchange. There were more books available at the end of the cruise than at the beginning, got a James Patterson and another anthology of mystery short stories from 1939 to 1974 all dealing with food.

The library on the Epic is very small (as pictured) and the selection of books is not good at all! We had a look around but I couldn't find anything that interested me. It also operates limited hours when you can borrow books. I would bring some books or replace your kindle.

Was just on Sapphire Princess and they had some good books as part of a free exchange. There were more books available at the end of the cruise than at the beginning, got a James Patterson and another anthology of mystery short stories from 1939 to 1974 all dealing with food.

Great to know. But have you ever looked at the books in the library on the Norwegian Epic?

The library on the Epic is very small (as pictured) and the selection of books is not good at all! We had a look around but I couldn't find anything that interested me. It also operates limited hours when you can borrow books. I would bring some books or replace your kindle.

The library room is pretty big with lots of seats to sit and read. And there are a lot more shelves, but they are all empty. We sailed on the Epic when she was brand new and there were more books. 6 Epic cruises later, and the book selection is dwindling.

Great to know. But have you ever looked at the books in the library on the Norwegian Epic?

The library room is pretty big with lots of seats to sit and read. And there are a lot more shelves, but they are all empty. We sailed on the Epic when she was brand new and there were more books. 6 Epic cruises later, and the book selection is dwindling.

I guess my memory betrays me at the size of the room, but as you say the shelves are mostly bare. We didn't find it until towards the end of our 10 day cruise so maybe there was more books earlier on.

And this has what exactly to do with the Epic?