Independence of the Seas Caribbean Transatlantic May 2019

I’ve just booked this cruise, mid hump balcony at great price, with OBC and early booking guarantee to change if better deal should arise. Just need to sort a flight when they are released. I know it a year away, but has anyone else booked yet?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve just booked this cruise, mid hump balcony at great price, with OBC and early booking guarantee to change if better deal should arise. Just need to sort a flight when they are released. I know it a year away, but has anyone else booked yet?

We've booked!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:DI have been haunting the website waiting for it to be announced and booked yesterday morning. We got a JS with $500 obc at a price that is majorly low for that cabin ( almost what i paid for a balcony on this years Navi TA) I will check if a roll call starts before i get back in May if no one starts one i will when i get back.

Sami

We've booked!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:DI have been haunting the website waiting for it to be announced and booked yesterday morning. We got a JS with $500 obc at a price that is majorly low for that cabin ( almost what i paid for a balcony on this years Navi TA) I will check if a roll call starts before i get back in May if no one starts one i will when i get back.

Sami

I’ve started a roll call....I think! Not started one before!

We were on the TA on Navigator in November....loved it.

We are off on Mariner in April, so hopefully when we get back some others may have joined us on here.......if I’ve done the roll call right that is!!!

I’ve started a roll call....I think! Not started one before!

We were on the TA on Navigator in November....loved it.

We are off on Mariner in April, so hopefully when we get back some others may have joined us on here.......if I’ve done the roll call right that is!!!

Yes you've done it!!. All we need now is more early bookers to join is 😁😁

Sami xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Interested in this cruise & haven't done Transatlantic before so I have a question. Flight prices not yet released from UK so did you book as a package deal or did you book cruise and add flights later. Any help or suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Interested in this cruise & haven't done Transatlantic before so I have a question. Flight prices not yet released from UK so did you book as a package deal or did you book cruise and add flights later. Any help or suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Personally I have booked the cruise Only, then I'll watch the prices of flights and when they are a price I'm ok with I'll book them and never check again (incase the price lowers lol) . Are you UK or USA based?

Sami

Personally I have booked the cruise Only, then I'll watch the prices of flights and when they are a price I'm ok with I'll book them and never check again (incase the price lowers lol) . Are you UK or USA based?

Sami

I have done the same.....just watch and wait for flights .... I’m uk based

Xx

We usually look out for Credit card miles offers from United, Delta or British Airways get the card spend a few K on stuff and get 50-75-100K air miles sometimes the secret is to book with a partner airline like British Airways and Iberia to avoid high fees. The airlines also tend to have pretty good one way fares too.

If you are from the UK you could check out flights from London Gatwick on Norwegian Air. I flew with them last year for a one-way to Orlando. Their prices can not be beat, cheap enough to add an extra bag and if you book early enough and snatch an exit seat you'll have tons of legroom. The only downside is the entertainment system, choices are pretty poor. What I usually do is check prices for the same period, a year earlier, so I have an idea how much the flight will cost. Enjoy your crossing.

Hi Everyone,

Thinking of booking this one. Seeing prices for just over a thousand pp for a balcony so seems pretty good for a two week cruise.

Do we get more or better benefits if we wait and book onboard? We are cruising RC soon.

Make sure you are on the sunny side of the ship!

For an East bound TA you need to be starboard side

For a West bound TA you need to be port side.

It's all about the ship's location in relation to the equator

LB >> who booked a gty and is on the non-sunny side next month!

Make sure you are on the sunny side of the ship!

For an East bound TA you need to be starboard side

For a West bound TA you need to be port side.

It's all about the ship's location in relation to the equator

LB >> who booked a gty and is on the non-sunny side next month!

How late in the day does the sunny side stay sunny? And when does the non-sunny side get sun on an EB TA? We aren't looking to do a TA until 2020, but I am doing research now so I am curious.

Thank you for the tip about the sunny side I will keep that in mind. Am I right in thinking that if I wait and book onboard I can combine the $200 balcony onboard credit with the current promotion of $300 balcony obc and 60% off second passenger. And the C and A balcony discount?

Pricing is very high for an eastbound TA!:eek:

Very surprised people book this and think they got a deal....:o:rolleyes:

As a data point - this years Navigator eastbound TA was selling balconys for $709 + tax pp

I guess it's down what you are willing to pay and indeed what you believe is a good deal. I have been taking the Eastbound TA for the past 6 years and have seen the prices get higher and higher each year, I booked 2019 Indy got a great deal compared to the quotes I had last year for 2018's. I have booked a JS and am paying almost the same as what I paid for this year's balcony cabin plus getting $500 obc. And for reference my balcony cabin has only increased in cost since I booked, the guarantee cabins are cheaper but in the UK they don't always appear as available to book.

In the end it's up to the person booking to decide if it's a good deal or not, my friends all think I'm nuts to be cruising when I could be spending less money and going to Lanzarote instead, where as I think they are nuts to even wanna go to "lanzagrotte" when they could be spending that money on a cruise, different people have different ideas about a good holiday deal and your idea is obviously different to those of us who have booked this great cruise at our great prices, and also for reference the price has increased quite a bit in the 3 days since I booked so I am doubly sure my bargain is a bargain 😉

Sami

UK based and really interested in a Transatlantic especially on Independence.

I agree about booking at a price that is suitable and then not looking again (although it is tempting)

What sort of weather have you previously experienced on the crossings?

I'm aware of Norwegian Air for a one way so will monitor prices.

I guess it's down what you are willing to pay and indeed what you believe is a good deal. I have been taking the Eastbound TA for the past 6 years and have seen the prices get higher and higher each year, I booked 2019 Indy got a great deal compared to the quotes I had last year for 2018's. I have booked a JS and am paying almost the same as what I paid for this year's balcony cabin plus getting $500 obc. And for reference my balcony cabin has only increased in cost since I booked, the guarantee cabins are cheaper but in the UK they don't always appear as available to book.

In the end it's up to the person booking to decide if it's a good deal or not, my friends all think I'm nuts to be cruising when I could be spending less money and going to Lanzarote instead, where as I think they are nuts to even wanna go to "lanzagrotte" when they could be spending that money on a cruise, different people have different ideas about a good holiday deal and your idea is obviously different to those of us who have booked this great cruise at our great prices, and also for reference the price has increased quite a bit in the 3 days since I booked so I am doubly sure my bargain is a bargain 😉

Do you book flights one way or return? Checking the prices for this year return is more than half the price of one way.

Do you book flights one way or return? Checking the prices for this year return is more than half the price of one way.

We book one way most times, this year we are flying with norwegian and their price was literally half that of a return ticket so happy with that. A few times we have booked returns and then told them we are't using return portion after we land. as long as you take the outbound flight its ok.

Sami.

Sami

UK based and really interested in a Transatlantic especially on Independence.

I agree about booking at a price that is suitable and then not looking again (although it is tempting)

What sort of weather have you previously experienced on the crossings?

I'm aware of Norwegian Air for a one way so will monitor prices.

Yes i am flying with Norwegian next week to Orlando, the price was good so we thought we would try them.

Last few years its been good weather that i can remember, about 25c - 30c in florida and for the first few days of cruise, then slightly cooler from spain onwards, worst weather was le harve last year we had drizzle, not had bad seas really apart from on a brilliance TA but that was 4 years ago, the sick bags appeared all over the ship last year but seas weren't

rough enough to need them ;-)

Sami xx

This thread should be closed as chit-chat it is a roll-call topic!

This isn't the roll call thread, that one is in the roll call section but has the same people chatting in it, this in in the general rccl forum . If you see the first few posts we were discussing starting an official roll call thread and swinny123 stated she had.

The other people have asked valid questions applicable to many cruises not just the TA. flights, weather and cabin placement are all valid questions which many people start new threads to ask about. ☺