How strict are they on suggested boarding times?

Long story short, I’m sailing out if Tampa. My suggested boarding time is 2:30-3 for a 4 pm sailing?

Kind of irked... I rebooked my flight a few weeks ago because RCCLs website suggested I was arriving too late. I wanna calm down and enjoy my trip. I’m now arriving the night before, are they enforcing this?

Show up early, as others have suggested 11am is a good time. There may be a wait or two before boarding can take place as all debarking passengers usually have to be off the ship before they will allow boarding. Typically will not be able to get into cabin before 1pm - 1:30pm. Several food and beverage venues open. Windjammer is good for lunch, but can be crowded.

Ok thanks, I’m relieved to hear that.

Yes, I’m from Pittsburgh ...It’s go Pens at this point. ��

What area of Pittsburgh? I went to school in Pittsburgh but grew up in Clarion. Go Pirates

We normally aim to arrive around noon since the cabins are normally not open for occupancy until 1 pm. Like to go to cabin before going to lunch. Others like to be first on ship to head to the pool or bar. Never have boarded Royal or Celebrity later than noon. Remember you must be on the ship 90 minutes before posted sail time unless the ship has an issue and is doing later boarding. Enjoy your cruise.

Boarding times would be practically impossible to enforce given all of the moving parts involved with getting people to the port and getting them onboard. The only issue with showing up early is showing up too early (before 10-10:30) and clogging up the staging still going on to get people off the ship and out of the port.

I am booked on the Brilliance TA and I never adhere to the suggested boarding times.

On all of my Cruises my Father and I arrived to the pier around 11:00ish and have never had a long line and we were on by 11:30 AM.

On our upcoming Trans Atlantic I have us arriving at the pier by 10:30 AM as it sounds like boarding can be around 11:00 AM.

Why I like to board early is to eat lunch(the Park Cafe in the Solarium won't be crowded). Then either we can change into bathing suits and swim or walk around the ship without the hoards of passengers, find our muster station etc.

Also its a good time to go to Guest Services or Specialty dining to make or change reservations. I can check on our MTD reservations etc.

By 1:30 PM the rooms will be ready and we can take a quick nap and rest before the Emergency Drill and Sailaway.

Long story short, I’m sailing out if Tampa. My suggested boarding time is 2:30-3 for a 4 pm sailing?

Kind of irked... I rebooked my flight a few weeks ago because RCCLs website suggested I was arriving too late. I wanna calm down and enjoy my trip. I’m now arriving the night before, are they enforcing this?

Though the "suggested boarding time isn't enforced the required to be check-in on board time IS ENFORCED. All passengers must be checked in and on board 90 minutes prior to the ships departure time. Being the ship is departing at 4:00 PM you must be checked in and on aboard by 2:30 PM. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/cruise-boarding-time