NCL Transfer to LGA from Manhattan Cruise Terminal

biojeep

What is the NCL procedure upon disembarkation from cruise terminal to LaGuardia? Does NCL bus pick you up right outside the ship? Have never used NCL transfer before but thought this might be easier than getting our own transportation to the airport.

We took the NCL transfer last December off the Breakaway and it worked well. Everyone taking the transfer met together and the group all disembarked at the same time. Once you go through customs you exit the building and the bus was on your left.

What is the NCL procedure upon disembarkation from cruise terminal to LaGuardia? Does NCL bus pick you up right outside the ship? Have never used NCL transfer before but thought this might be easier than getting our own transportation to the airport.

The buses will be waiting for you right outside the terminal. $35 per person + tips.

Taxis across the street $45 flat rate + tolls + tips.

Or the cheap way that I transfer to LGA, walk down 12th, to 42 St, Circle Line. get on the 42 bus, $2.75 coin, to Broadway, enter subway station, to R, uptown train. exit, Roosevelt/Jackson Hts. take the 2 elevators to street. To the right exit to the bus lanes, to Q 70 bus, purchase ticket PRIOR to getting on bus- $2.75 Get off at your LGA terminal. I easily made a 10:30a bus in December. not for everyone, but works well for me, no stairs with this route.

Would the E train from the 50th street subway station over to Roosevelt Av and the Q70 to LGA work as well?

How are you getting to the subway? It's a long walk, hauling bags, needing high quality rollers. The 50 bus, does not run very often, - plus, you have no elevators, and have to go 2 levels down. Again, not ideal with luggage.

My way, has no stairs, which I use. Of course there are other options, including not using subways. with the M60 bus.

We always take a cab, they are lined up in an orderly fashion immediately outside the terminal (same place you got off for your cruise). Less than 5 min wait if the line is long with people disembarking, but cabs are so plenty. Personally, I think this is the easiest way to get to airport. Might cost a bit more than the NCL buses, but easy.

We always take a cab, they are lined up in an orderly fashion immediately outside the terminal (same place you got off for your cruise). Less than 5 min wait if the line is long with people disembarking, but cabs are so plenty. Personally, I think this is the easiest way to get to airport. Might cost a bit more than the NCL buses, but easy.

I agree. Unless you are traveling solo, the taxi is cheaper and drops you off at your airline vs the NCL bus.

I will agree with some of the other posters that cabs are not that much more than the transfers and very easy. Just walk through the tunnel like exit and look for the gigantic taxi sign. Get in line and you are on your way in just a few minutes. And you get dropped off right where is most convenient for you.

Just off the Gem on 3/6. I had the NCL transfer to and from the port to LGA thinking it would be easier since NCL booked the flight too. Never again!!

Going to the port, I was on a van service that made multiple stops before dropping me at the cruise terminal. Getting off the ship, I made my way through customs and out to the bus without much guidance from NCL. I had to ask for directions as to where to go to meet the transfer. Got to the Bus only to find out that the transfer was only taking us to Terminal D and that we would need to take an airport shuttle to the other terminals. My flight was out of Terminal B. It was also clear that the man checking us in for transfer wasn't confident I would make my flight, that NCL arranged. We waited on the Bus for an hour before leaving the terminal. Once at LGA we were given the wrong instructions on where to wait for the transfer bus. I only made my flight with 10 minutes to spare. I am in the process of writing a letter to NCL about this horrible service.

Next time, I will save time, stress and aggravation and take a cab!!

Just off the Gem on 3/6. I had the NCL transfer to and from the port to LGA thinking it would be easier since NCL booked the flight too. Never again!!

Going to the port, I was on a van service that made multiple stops before dropping me at the cruise terminal. Getting off the ship, I made my way through customs and out to the bus without much guidance from NCL. I had to ask for directions as to where to go to meet the transfer. Got to the Bus only to find out that the transfer was only taking us to Terminal D and that we would need to take an airport shuttle to the other terminals. My flight was out of Terminal B. It was also clear that the man checking us in for transfer wasn't confident I would make my flight, that NCL arranged. We waited on the Bus for an hour before leaving the terminal. Once at LGA we were given the wrong instructions on where to wait for the transfer bus. I only made my flight with 10 minutes to spare. I am in the process of writing a letter to NCL about this horrible service.

Next time, I will save time, stress and aggravation and take a cab!!

That's why, after using a cruise line transfer service once (another line), I decided it was always better to be in charge of (and in control of), our flights, transfers, and hotels! :)

Like - what VideoTech said !!

And, I say this knowing that we can, if we wish to be frugal, to take our local bus to the subway into Manhattan, walk 5 or 6 city blocks, with a 22" rollerboard & our backpack (her cabin tote) easily, but we don't ... this routine isn't for strangers unfamiliar with navigation the mass transit systems in NYC, and, occassional disruptions & emergency suspension or disruption in services, weather incidents, etc.

Car service is our preferred way to go, but, sometimes - we opt for taking a yellow taxi if the line is short enough - it move along quick enough, slow because, folks need time to load their bags before getting inside so that the driver can start driving away.

Airport shuttle is fine for those with afternoon flight and is a reasonable option for solo traveler as the $40 one-way fare is less than a typical taxi fare, which is metered but could end up more if caught in unexpected traffic.