Transfer Rome to Civitavecchia

• 1 month later...
I highly recommend civitavecchiacabservice --

http://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com/

We've used them several times, very reliable, value for money.

Their site is very easy to navigate and get an idea of prices, either shared shuttle or private transfer.

i just went on the website and chatted with the online chat.

She seemed to say that if i want to pay with a credit card, i have to pay in advance and pay 10% more (using paypal).

otherwise i pay in cash to the driver.

Also, do you pay the exact rate, or do you also tip the driver above the quoted amount?

LOVED leaving from Rome. We used Bob's Limos and loved the service so much, we used them exclusively for TWO cruises leaving out of Civitevecchia. The picked us up at FCO, took us to our hotel in Rome. Day of cruise, they picked us up at our hotel and took us to the port, picked us up at port and took us back to Rome for one last night and picked us up in Rome and took us to FCO for our flight home. By booking four transfers, we got a discount. Stairs, streets with uneven pavements and dragging luggage for the train, watching out for the luggage on the train? No thanks. LOVED the convenience and the quick service they provided. EVERY driver was friendly, professional, spoke English and took very good care of us.

same questions regarding bob's - do you tip the driver in addition to the quoted rate?

can you pay by credit card?

My friend and I are using Roma Shuttle - http://romashuttle.com - in a couple of months. It's a shared shuttle but only 70 euro for the 2 of us (so 35 euro a piece). We pay cash day-of. They'e picking us up at our hotel and dropping us off at the port. When we get back we're braving the train to FCO since it seems straightforward to get there by train (as opposed to the more complicated getting all the way into Rome).

As far as tipping, I pretty much always do anyway.

Easy or cheap, your choice. Car service is easy, train is cheap. We always opt for the convenience of a car service, and have used DriverInRome.com multiple times and always had great service, with drivers who speak good English. IIRC, you secure the rez online with a CC but pay in cash the day of service.

Throwing my 2 cents in for Driver in Rome. Check them out on Tripadvisor. Start your cruise out with the "less hassle" option of the car/van transfer. You will be much more relaxed when you get to the ship.

Enjoy!

i just went on the website and chatted with the online chat.

She seemed to say that if i want to pay with a credit card, i have to pay in advance and pay 10% more (using paypal).

otherwise i pay in cash to the driver.

Also, do you pay the exact rate, or do you also tip the driver above the quoted amount?

Re: civitavecchiacabservice --

Here in Israel we pay very high fees when using credit cards abroad, so I carry cash... We also get discounts for paying cash.

For a ride of 69 Euro, we gave 75. For a 140 Euro ride - 150 Euro.

As I said, we were very satisfied with their service, and the drivers were pleasantly surprised when we said: "keep the change:D"

Re: civitavecchiacabservice --

Here in Israel we pay very high fees when using credit cards abroad, so I carry cash... We also get discounts for paying cash.

For a ride of 69 Euro, we gave 75. For a 140 Euro ride - 150 Euro.

As I said, we were very satisfied with their service, and the drivers were pleasantly surprised when we said: "keep the change:D"

yes, i'm also in israel.

i assume they were pleasantly surprised because italians don't typically tip taxis.

i'm actually checking all this out for the "kids" (daughter and son in law).

When we get back we're braving the train to FCO since it seems straightforward to get there by train (as opposed to the more complicated getting all the way into Rome).

The problem with the train is the stairs at Civitavecchia station.

There is also a daily bus transfer which leaves at 9.15. 20 Euros p/p I have used them.

Bus Transfer FROM Port TO FCO Airport, continues to Termini