Coffee pot in cabin

doones2

:cool::cool::cool:Just wondering about the coffe pot in our cabin. Never had one before. Is it furnished with enough coffee for two people to have a few cups? Room service is great but sometimes all we want is coffee and don’t want to be woken up by a call from room service

:cool::cool::cool:Just wondering about the coffe pot in our cabin. Never had one before. Is it furnished with enough coffee for two people to have a few cups? Room service is great but sometimes all we want is coffee and don’t want to be woken up by a call from room service

Our balcony cabin had a machine that would make one cup at a time. I just told my steward to make sure that there were four regular coffee bags in the cabin at all times and he made sure that that was done. They also have decaf if you prefer. Unless you are a "coffee snob" that is used to $5 cups of coffee you should be happy.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a mid-ship balcony that will have a coffee pot. If I ask our steward to leave several coffee packets every day is there an additional cost on my bill or are these "free" with our room minus the extra tip I would give the steward. My husband and I drink a lot of coffee.

On the same lines can I bring my own coffee pot (bigger) on board?

Extra coffee (pre-packaged flat pods, available at many supermarkets, not the K-cup ...) and setup of creamer/sugar, etc. are complimentary via your RS.

In addition to a direct cash "incentive" for service, I recommend filling up a "Vacation Hero" Card & drop that off at Guest Services toward the end of the cruise (box is marked ... typically, for the Hotel Director & housekeeping) - with a note about the exceptional services given, etc.

These are very meaningful and useful to the crew in more ways than one, including time-off when docked in port, special meal, etc.

I am currently booked for an inside room, so no coffee maker stocked. Would it be insane to bring my own mini Keurig?

This is a good question! I don't have the answer - so hopefully someone will chime in with it; however, I did watch a YouTube video of "What Not To Pack" for your cruise and this guy said NO coffee pots are allowed to be brought on the ship. NOW - I'm not sure how old that video was or if it is accurate.

I want to bring a full size coffee maker - so if anyone has the 100% accurate answer as to whether or not coffee pots can be brought on that would be great!!!!:)

Extra coffee (pre-packaged flat pods, available at many supermarkets, not the K-cup ...) and setup of creamer/sugar, etc. are complimentary via your RS.

In addition to a direct cash "incentive" for service, I recommend filling up a "Vacation Hero" Card & drop that off at Guest Services toward the end of the cruise (box is marked ... typically, for the Hotel Director & housekeeping) - with a note about the exceptional services given, etc.

These are very meaningful and useful to the crew in more ways than one, including time-off when docked in port, special meal, etc.

Thank you for mentioning the "shout out" on the card, I will absolutely do that - thank you!!!! Do you know if I can bring a full size coffee maker on board?

This is from the unallowable list on the NCL faq:

Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

Items brought on board the vessel and not supplied by the Company containing any kind of heating element, such as but not limited to: immersion heaters, heating blankets, clothing irons, water heaters, coffee machines with heating/hot plates, etc.

Guess that clears it up! Thanks for posting that.

You are a rock star!!!! Thank you!

After re-reading what you CANT bring - I think you might be ok bringing the mini keurig as those DON'T HAVE a warmer/hot plate with them. Just a thought.

But they DO have a heating element and would be confiscated (i.e., you bag sent to the naughty room and you spend a couple of hours in line with all of the others with contraband).

Melitta makes these flat pods for the Senseo coffee pot that was the mini suite last time I stayed in one. I bought a pack of the dark roast pods (18) from Walmart.com. Made my trip even better :). Just ask your steward for extra creamers.