drink package MSC

Shayna1900

Can you buy alcoholic drinks, coffee, water individually without a drink package? I know you can on Norwegian ( our last cruise) We’re not big drinkers so it seemed a better option. If so how much are individual drinks?

Can you buy alcoholic drinks, coffee, water individually without a drink package? I know you can on Norwegian ( our last cruise) We’re not big drinkers so it seemed a better option. If so how much are individual drinks?

Consider how many drinks you may have in one day. This would include special coffee, soda and drinks. MSC has one of the cheapest per day drink package than any other cruise line.

After seeing the drink prices....I cannot believe how low the "spirit" and "tropical" prices are. Atleast $1-2 cheaper than Carnival.... Compared to the gougers of the seas (RCL and NCL)....much more lower!!!

After seeing the drink prices....I cannot believe how low the "spirit" and "tropical" prices are. Atleast $1-2 cheaper than Carnival.... Compared to the gougers of the seas (RCL and NCL)....much more lower!!!

Most spirits were double measures also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MSC Magnifica leaving from Le Havre . I think the prices quoted are American dollars since there is no €uro sign. We also are getting 10 drink coupons/each, since we have booked a balcony cabin.

Edited by Shayna1900
Adding info

Depends on the region you're planning to sail whether the prices are Euro or US$ onboard. Your question can't be answered definitively unless you indicate what ship you're interested in.

Since Nikki provided...I'm 99% positive those prices are US$....Also the beer and wine by the glass prices are in line with other cruiseline prices. I can't see them using Euro $ prices on a Caribbean based cruise which will have a higher % of Americans on it

Since Nikki provided...I'm 99% positive those prices are US$....Also the beer and wine by the glass prices are in line with other cruiseline prices. I can't see them using Euro $ prices on a Caribbean based cruise which will have a higher % of Americans on it

The OP has just clarified, in the post before yours, that they're not talking about a Caribbean-based cruise. The Euro doesn't use the $ sign - it's € as it's Euros, not Dollars.

Here are links to posts with prices in Euros. While these are from a sailing last June, these prices were the same on our December cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338053&postcount=70

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338068&postcount=71

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338079&postcount=72

MSC Magnifica leaving from Le Havre . I think the prices quoted are American dollars since there is no €uro sign. We also are getting 10 drink coupons/each, since we have booked a balcony cabin.

The prices will be in Euros (€) on your cruise. I've posted links to photos of bar menus where the prices are in € in the previous post.

FYI -

We were on RCI, NCL and MSC in Nov 2017 and compared the drinks prices. MSC is much cheaper in the Caribbean when comparing those 3 cruise lines. Both in Package and individual price of a drink. Just bought a 7 day inclusive drink pkg for Sinfonia in the Med and that was only $203/person. Their tours are also much cheaper.

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE ADULT Pri$ 203.00

Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are included), liqueur, aperitifs, classic and Premium cocktails, wide selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, juices, premium mineral water, energy drinks, espresso and cappuccino, drinks from the theme bar menus, minibar, and drinks and food from room service menu. Furthermore, this package entitles you to a 30% discount on all champagnes and wines from our wine lists. The drinks included in package can be consumed in all bars, self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants. The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses and food served in the specialty restaurants. TERMS & CONDITIONS: The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be interrupted and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The package is not available for charter cruises and for large groups (over 250 persons on the Lirica class vessels, over 350 persons on the Musica class vessels and over 500 persons on the Fantasia class vessels). The package is not available for cruises 1-3 night; the minimum number of night is FOUR (4).

On NCL their package is $89/day with 15% gratuity.

The OP has just clarified, in the post before yours, that they're not talking about a Caribbean-based cruise. The Euro doesn't use the $ sign - it's € as it's Euros, not Dollars.

Here are links to posts with prices in Euros. While these are from a sailing last June, these prices were the same on our December cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338053&postcount=70

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338068&postcount=71

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53338079&postcount=72

No problem...got confused what you meant with your earlier response. Wasn't aware you were talking about pricing on other MSC ships. Thanks

No problem...got confused what you meant with your earlier response. Wasn't aware you were talking about pricing on other MSC ships. Thanks

Sorry I assumed it was for the Caribbean when I posted the bar list.

FYI -

We were on RCI, NCL and MSC in Nov 2017 and compared the drinks prices. MSC is much cheaper in the Caribbean when comparing those 3 cruise lines. Both in Package and individual price of a drink. Just bought a 7 day inclusive drink pkg for Sinfonia in the Med and that was only $203/person. Their tours are also much cheaper.

The drinks packages on MSC are cheaper when the currency onboard is the Euro (€) @ only €26 pppd as opposed to $45 when the currency onboard is in USD ($).

Shayna - bear this in mind (€26) when calculating how much each individual drink will cost you. Remember, too, that the prices quoted will incur a 15% service charge.

The drinks packages on MSC are cheaper when the currency onboard is the Euro (€) @ only €26 pppd as opposed to $45 when the currency onboard is in USD ($).

Shayna - bear this in mind (€26) when calculating how much each individual drink will cost you. Remember, too, that the prices quoted will incur a 15% service charge.

The price I paid for Sinfonia 7 day was USD $203/person. That equates to USD $29/day or 23.48 Euro/day based on todays current rate of $ to Euro.

Yes, in the Caribbean it is USD $45/day. However, no additional 15% service charge.

The price I paid for Sinfonia 7 day was USD $203/person. That equates to USD $29/day or 23.48 Euro/day based on todays current rate of $ to Euro.

Yes, in the Caribbean it is USD $45/day. However, no additional 15% service charge.

Yes - when you prepay, you'll pay in US$ if booking from the US, and, depending on the currency exchange rate, it can come out a bit cheaper than paying onboard. I quoted the €26 as the price you pay when onboard!! Plus 15% service charge if you don't prepay.

Again, even on a Caribbean cruise, if you wait to purchase the package when onboard, it, too, will incur a 15% charge.

Yes - when you prepay, you'll pay in US$ if booking from the US, and, depending on the currency exchange rate, it can come out a bit cheaper than paying onboard. I quoted the €26 as the price you pay when onboard!! Plus 15% service charge if you don't prepay.Again, even on a Caribbean cruise, if you wait to purchase the package when onboard, it, too, will incur a 15% charge.

I normally prepay to save the 15%.

I normally prepay to save the 15%.

So do I!!! I'm just trying to give the OP as much information on the subject as possible. It doesn't help that MSC uses different currencies depending on the region they're sailing, or the fact that the prices vary considerably, too!! :rolleyes: It can be extremely confusing for first-time MSC cruisers.

• 3 weeks later...

We just pre paid for the drink package on our Baltic cruise at £166 and have just booked a Caribbean cruise for the same length and went to book the drink package and it was £100 per person more expensive!!!