Boardwalk view stateroom with balcony pros and cons

We love our ocean view balcony stateroom, but I am curious to try the boardwalk view balcony...one closest to the back/aft. I think there is 5 or 6 that may get more sunshine. (B1) Who has tried these staterooms and will you please share pros and cons. i.e. Noise level from boardwalk? Obstructed view not worth it? Rooms booked years in advance. Higher or lower floor is better.

Thank you in advance.

Happy sailing.

We were on deck 10 three rooms down from the Aqua suites on the port side. Loved it! No noise and plenty of sunshine. The only con which is very minor - long walk from the elevators. What obstruction?

I took a boardwalk cabin on Allure a few years ago.

Pros - great for people watching below and good view of show.

Con - no privacy

As for noise, when the door is shut you don’t hear anything but you certainly don’t get the peace and quiet of an ocean view balcony when relaxing outside.

Would I take one again - nope.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We like the Boardwalk Balcony rooms. We've stayed as far down as the last aft one and basically all up and down. Unless you do the Aqua Suite, that last aft one is no longer a regular balcony. :p You'll find others who sail once in them and say they prefer an oceanview only balcony.

What we like:

1. Usually more affordable than an oceanview balcony. Nice compromise to no balcony option.

2. Can still see the water out the back of the ship.

3. We like the activity of the Boardwalk. Fun to see what's going on. We enjoy watching the swimmers practicing for the show.

4. Never found them to be loud. You may hear something going on outside, but muffled. Nothing runs very late in the Aqua Theater.

5. Depending on balcony location, you can see some of the shows in the Aqua Theater.

Downside:

1.If you're sitting out on the balcony, it's not really private. Those on the Boardwalk can see you if that is bothersome to you.

2. There are times when the balcony is in total sun, but that can happen on an oceanview also.

3. Need to be sure and close your curtains to your balcony since those balconies across can see in and perhaps those on the Boardwalk.

We prefer decks 10 - 11. Far enough up from the floor of the Boardwalk that even if there is activity, with the door closed, we've never found it obtrusive. We've not booked years in advance. Booked as little as a month out to 9 months out.

Hope this gives you some insight. Enjoy whatever you decide to book.

We had the last four portside Boardwalk balcony cabins on deck #9 on Harmony for an extended family cruise...the Abyss blocked a lot of the view. I booked these when HOTS was first released and then took advantage of a couple price drops....So my price point was just amazing. Would I book these cabins again...very doubtful.

Good viewpoints from all. I think the downside for me...or possibly more for those across from us, is that I would forget to close the curtains. We love the privacy that the ocean view allows. The poor fish probably want to poke their eyes out. :-)

We had the last four portside Boardwalk balcony cabins on deck #9 on Harmony for an extended family cruise...the Abyss blocked a lot of the view. I booked these when HOTS was first released and then took advantage of a couple price drops....So my price point was just amazing. Would I book these cabins again...very doubtful.

So sorry :o I meant to say starboard...I'm just so used to the portside since for some reason it's the side I prefer...no reason why.

We had a similar cabin in that location a few years back on Allure. We found it to be a little noisier than we were accustomed to. In contrast a Central Park view was much more serene.

Except for the many hours when the pool band is BLARING during the day.

Never again.