Repositioning - Buy one, get one free drinks packages on board ?

downundermatt

Checked again. Classic non alcoholic is showing as £12.96. No discount as far as I can see.

I think it's normally £18. The Premium non alcoholic is showing at £15.84. Full price is £22. The discount equates to 28%

I think it's normally £18. The Premium non alcoholic is showing at £15.84. Full price is £22. The discount equates to 28%

I thought the classic non alcohol was $18 and the premium $22. That equates approximately to the £12.96 and £15.84

I thought the classic non alcohol was $18 and the premium $22. That equates approximately to the £12.96 and £15.84

Is it? I've been looking at it for an upcoming trip and thought it was £22. The issue I have is I have cruises booked in £GBP and in £USD, so the prices in my Cruise Planner are in different currencies for the respective cruise. Perhaps I've confused the two.

It's my understanding there is going to be a sale on beverage packages (buy one, get one half off) starting this Thursday (March 15), I think through the weekend. Good luck!

I just logged into my booking (Solstice Honolulu-Vancouver) and the drink packages are currently being being offered at 25% off.

4 weeks to TA; 25% off drink packages. Same sale as in December. Guess that means no online BOGO before sail date!

So what happens on-board? ( and does the answer vary depending how successful this sale is? I know the answers are hypotheticals!)

Trying to develop a strategy I can live with for my first TA- not big drinkers but we are on vacation!

A) does pre-cruise sale of 25% off eliminate an on-board BOGO?

B) if there is a BOGO on-board, can you buy it and get credit for whatever drink package you purchased pre-cruise/online?

C) if no to both of those, speculatively of course, can you negotiate with bartenders ( have heard of 30% off)

D) if you buy a package pre-cruise on sale, how likely is it you could upgrade on-board at the sale price (25% off) or more than 25% off? This would allow the bartender to earn the gratuity and allow use of r-OBC.

Thoughts? speculations? First hand experiences?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you please tell me where you accessed this information? We are on TA in April. Many thanks!

My understanding is that the 25% is not advertised. Went to purchase on the Celebrity site and the discounted price was shown. Saved $500 on a 15 night repositioning. I am quite happy.

can someone tell me what is a 'repositioning' cruise? - sounds interesting

A repositioning cruise is when the cruise line moves a ship from one home port to another home port. Usually it is seasonal. For example moving a ship from Alaska in September to the Caribbean. Caribbean to Alaska in May. Our particular upcoming repositioning is moving the Eclipse from South America (our winter season, their summer) eventually to Alaska (our summer season). They are usually lower priced and do not include perks. We Chile to San Diego, 15 night balcony, for $1500 ea. No perks. Adding the drink package made it $2200. Repositioning cruises that sell well, will increase in price quite rapidly. Current pricing is about $3000 pp for a balcony and it is still over a year away.

Repositioning is when the cruise is moving continents....So Canada to Asia or USA to Europe. Many sea days and usually some of the least expensive of sailings. Some people who book window cabins sail for 14 nights for $1500-2000...if you get your sales right. Many people are adverse to spending 8 of 14 days at sea.

Regarding promo's......Promos on drink packages are offered when business is slow....end of story. Slowest cruises for specialty restaurants and bars tend to be re positioning cruises....they are long and people are often watching their $$ onboard. Where as a 7 day Caribbean, people go crazy spending.....These are people who take one cruise a year and want the best experience.....Restaurants/bars are full and bring in big revenue for Celebrity.

I am not surprised that they offered buy one get one on the Millennium's transpacific crossings.....That is one of the cheapest cruises Celebrity runs.....People are scared off by the North Atlantic weather and Russian ports and many days at sea possibly in bad weather......I had a friend book an inside cabin and she paid $1200 for 14 days.....A Steal.....That said, I have met the Captain of the Millennium and he is one of the MOST Capable and kind Captains I have ever met. That cruise is on my list one day...

Safe sails to all.

Just our second Celebrity cruise - TA on Silhouette in November - and our first cruise was a great deal with 4 free perks. We always wanted to do a TA and this fit our return schedule from a land trip in Europe - good but not great price but no perks at all. Looking hard at the current BOGOHP offer for the beverage package but only Premium package seems to be offered on this cruise. Based on comments above looks like something we should take now - we aren't big drinkers so cost is probably a wash at best, but it was great on the Alaska cruise to not worry about anything and just enjoy a drink whenever we wanted one, so probably worth it for us just on that basis. Any comments from more experienced Celebrity cruisers appreciated before we "push the button" on the purchase later today or Saturday.

Just our second Celebrity cruise - TA on Silhouette in November - and our first cruise was a great deal with 4 free perks. We always wanted to do a TA and this fit our return schedule from a land trip in Europe - good but not great price but no perks at all. Looking hard at the current BOGOHP offer for the beverage package but only Premium package seems to be offered on this cruise. Based on comments above looks like something we should take now - we aren't big drinkers so cost is probably a wash at best, but it was great on the Alaska cruise to not worry about anything and just enjoy a drink whenever we wanted one, so probably worth it for us just on that basis. Any comments from more experienced Celebrity cruisers appreciated before we "push the button" on the purchase later today or Saturday.

Got on the manage my cruise page a little differently and the classic beverage package also showed up with a discount.

A repositioning cruise is when the cruise line moves a ship from one home port to another home port. Usually it is seasonal. For example moving a ship from Alaska in September to the Caribbean. Caribbean to Alaska in May. Our particular upcoming repositioning is moving the Eclipse from South America (our winter season, their summer) eventually to Alaska (our summer season). They are usually lower priced and do not include perks. We Chile to San Diego, 15 night balcony, for $1500 ea. No perks. Adding the drink package made it $2200. Repositioning cruises that sell well, will increase in price quite rapidly. Current pricing is about $3000 pp for a balcony and it is still over a year away.

My $1799 C3 is currently selling for $3399. But not all repositioning cruises see this sort of increase. On the same ship, a trans Atlantic a few months earlier, a C3 is down from $2049 to $1549.

• 2 months later...

We did repo on Solstice last fall to Sydney. About a month before sailing thwy offered 2 for one drink pkgs. I grabbed them! 17 day cruise, lots of sea days - it was worth it! Keeping an eye on Reflection TA repo next Jan 20