What is that SOUND???????

I am currently on the Grandeur of the Seas. Our room is 8549, just past the Centrum, toward the rear of the ship. It is an interior cabin. We have experienced some good rocking on our sea days. When we are rocking, there is this BIG BOOM that repeatedly comes from the interior side of our cabin. It sounds like a huge hollow metal drum getting hit with a 2x4. Our whole room shakes. Do any of you that has knowledge of the inner workings of the ship have any ideas? Sleep is out of the question (we both took Benedryl last night haha). Is it something that is supposed to happen, or is there something that has broken loose and needs to be rounded up? Thanks for any info you might have.

We had this sound on another ship, the large bang used to wake me up. I did contact guest services who sent someone to our cabin to listen to the noise and said they would get one their engineers to look into it. I never found out what it was but after that it did disappear. It sounded like a generator that would build up and then explode and start all over again.

We always stay in a JS on GR, close to the centrum. That noise is from the ship's movement causing something to move around in the centrum ceiling area. We've heard it on almost every trip and it's louder when the seas are rough. But, it's usually more muffled in the room than out in the hallways.

It sounds as if your cabin is haunted...:)...just kidding...we have also heard that on another ship. I thought it might be the ship's anchor chain that wasn't totally secured. It's not fun and the crew should be able to track it down just by following the sound. Good luck...tell us if you find out the answer.:)

Inboard of your cabin is the engine casing, where the engine exhausts go up to the funnel. I would say that if it is coming nearly every or every roll in one direction, then there is something loose in the casing that needs to be secured. Contact guest services. I just checked, and your cabin is below the pool, so this can be the water slamming back and forth in the pool.

I am currently on the Grandeur of the Seas. Our room is 8549, just past the Centrum, toward the rear of the ship. It is an interior cabin. We have experienced some good rocking on our sea days. When we are rocking, there is this BIG BOOM that repeatedly comes from the interior side of our cabin. It sounds like a huge hollow metal drum getting hit with a 2x4. Our whole room shakes. Do any of you that has knowledge of the inner workings of the ship have any ideas? Sleep is out of the question (we both took Benedryl last night haha). Is it something that is supposed to happen, or is there something that has broken loose and needs to be rounded up? Thanks for any info you might have.

Maybe your snoring is keep your neighbors awake. ;) Sounds like GS is where you need to head to with your complaint.