Of all the things you have seen on a cruise, what left you the most awe inspired?

ontheweb

I'd like to add one more thing...

Most awe inspiriting thing as a 24 yo and making my 1st solo trip...to club Med Tahiti no less...

Meeting a nice group of people at the Club and renting mini bikes/scooters and riding them into the jungle or perhaps the rainforest or let's just say a heavily wooded area behind the beach...and meeting up with a Polynesian family that grew and harvested pineapples...

We stumbled across the man his wife and 3 littles...all barefoot and smiling ...with machetes in their hands!! Ok well this is what they said to us..."come...sit...eat pineapple". We did of course and they chopped open those pineapples right there on the table.

Great memory..we took great pix of us with the family and we all said to ourselves that we hoped a company like Dole would never find this place. Paradise with a native family who lived in a hut in the jungle of moorea!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're going to think me sad but all my life I wanted to experience a cruise, I'm coming up to 65, but with several health problems I lost my job quite young and the chances of saving for a cruise disappeared. Last month thanks to being left some money I achieved my dream. A modest cruise to many, on the Marco Polo but the first sight of the vessel and the tickets to board her clutched firmly in my hands brought tears to my eyes.

You're going to think me sad but all my life I wanted to experience a cruise, I'm coming up to 65, but with several health problems I lost my job quite young and the chances of saving for a cruise disappeared. Last month thanks to being left some money I achieved my dream. A modest cruise to many, on the Marco Polo but the first sight of the vessel and the tickets to board her clutched firmly in my hands brought tears to my eyes.
I can sense your joy! I hope your cruise was everything you dreamed of!

I can sense your joy! I hope your cruise was everything you dreamed of!

Thank you, it was everything I ever wanted with many extras. The weather unfortunately turned nasty and the seasickness pills were in huge demand but again I loved the feeling that I was really on the sea. My poor husband was laid low for days but being out and about on crutches by myself revealed how kind people can be. It was truly magical to me.