rebooking when you see a better deal?

BrookeJ75

Hi All

I'm very new to cruising and have seen a lot of comments about upgrading or rebooking when better inclusions are advertised.

Can someone shed some light for me? I'm booked with RCI for next April and was wondering if I see a better deal advertised or can get a better balcony room before the penalty applies do I cancel existing booking and make a new one, or will Royal Caribbean assist to make changes to the booking?

Thanks

Hi All

I'm very new to cruising and have seen a lot of comments about upgrading or rebooking when better inclusions are advertised.

Can someone shed some light for me? I'm booked with RCI for next April and was wondering if I see a better deal advertised or can get a better balcony room before the penalty applies do I cancel existing booking and make a new one, or will Royal Caribbean assist to make changes to the booking?

Thanks

Your TA can handle a price adjustment or rebooking for you. But, when you do that, the "deal" is whatever is currently available. If the cabin price is $200 cheaper but with no OBC, you may be better off if the original OBC was more than $200. Plus, there's no guarantee you'll get the same cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before doing that I would urge you to compare what you might lose versus just how good is this new and better deal.

For example, we had a post earlier this year from somebody who wanted cancel and rebook to get $175 OBC for new bookings only. But he did not want to lose a much sought after aft balcony in his old booking. We you book a specific cabin and then cancel that cabin immediately goes into inventory where anybody can jump on it. Or maybe not because the cruise line might instead offer it to somebody else as an "upsell". So there no way to insure that the same cabin you just canceled can be booked anew.

You have to decide what is important to you. I recall one poster cancelling and rebooking over just $20. When asked why she would go through that much trouble over $20 her answer was, "Hey, that's two drinks!" To each his/her own.

You start with whomever you booked the cruise with. If you booked directly with Royal Caribbean, call them. If you used a travel agent, call them. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions that apply to any offers.

Also, its only US residents that seem to be able to cancel up to a certain point without loosing their deposit money.

As a Brit I will always loose my deposit if I cancel and I am sure many other countries have the same when dealing with US based lines. I am wondering if you are also from outside the US based on your question.

If the cruise is still worth it after loosing your deposit money then I guess it could be worth it? I do know that Royal allow you to change your booking to another cruise for a £50 fee per person if that's an option. I don't think it applies for the same cruise but you could upgrade the original booking when the time is right I suppose.