Is room service free for suite guests?

A couple of years ago we sailed with our son and his family on Freedom. His little one wasn't feeling well on lobster night so his grandmother invited them all down to our GS and we ordered room service so they could still have a lobster. We pulled the balcony table and chairs in and had a great time.

If you are in Star Class on an Oasis or Quantum Class ship you can get room service from any restaurant on the ship as long as you plan to eat during the regular operating hours of that restaurant.

Wow this is new to me - thank you very much! We were Star Class once but were not informed that this could be done - with a young child in tow, this would be very useful for our next cruise, enabling us to enjoy speciality dining in our room without disrupting other diners.

Oh and be careful if you order the "Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies". It asks how many cookies you want (shows 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) but (at least on our cruise) that was per plate of 3 cookies per plate - so when we wanted 2 cookies apiece and we ordered 4 cookies we actually got 4 plates of 3 cookies = or a dozen cookies!

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that!!! Stock up for the week... :D:D:D:D

• 4 months later...
Hi guys

What about room service drinks for suite guests ? We have drink packages and I know in standard cabins you still had to pay for drinks package or not. Same for suites ?

Same for suites, drink packages do not cover drinks from room service.

We were in 1730 & 1732 on Oasis in December and I thought I'd mention one thing that's a little confusing. When you place your suite room service order on the TV, it will still state that there is a $7.95 room service charge (plus tip), and will look like you are going to be charged that amount BUT when it's delivered it will show $0.00 so don't worry. ;pWe got the $0.00 receipt and tipped the room service guy in cash each time so nothing ever showed on our account.

Oh and be careful if you order the "Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies". It asks how many cookies you want (shows 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) but (at least on our cruise) that was per plate of 3 cookies per plate - so when we wanted 2 cookies apiece and we ordered 4 cookies we actually got 4 plates of 3 cookies = or a dozen cookies!

From a cookie lover, there is nothing wrong with that.

LOL! You should've asked for a baggy to take them home. I did that on Freedom. I started stockpiling the Coconut Ranger Cookies and asked my steward if she could get me some and she did. Had the cookies in the freezer for a year leading up to my next cruise with my roommate who loved those cookies. I brought home 4 dozen cookies and she was allowed 1 cookie a week until that cruise came up.

Well I guess that would explain why those cookies are not always available, just an empty plate.