Two different on board accounts, Only one person wants the perks.

Arzeena

Question for someone who has done this please or knows how to?

How do I set up two different on board accounts for myself and for my traveling companion for the same cabin?

We are both booked on the NJ resident rate. I have the option to add the Go Better Promo for $360 (per person).

I would like to pay $360 and add that for me.

My companion wants to keep their cost low and does not want to add the promo for them.

Can only one person with a separate account ( I ) pick two perks from their Go Better promo or both must pick, even though we have separate onboard accounts but are sharing the same cabin?

Thanks for any info.

First, price out what the cost of the tips are for the cruise. How many days is the cruise, what is the tip rate for the type of cabin you are in?

Next question, which two perks would you be choosing? i think that both of you are required to choose the same be erage package (meaning you can’t set it up for one of you to choose it and the other not to) AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. However, once on board, one of you can choose to purchase the beverage package without forcing the second one to do so,

If you can get the tips plus OBC for $360 then its a wash and you might was well have each of you get the Go Better.

First, price out what the cost of the tips are for the cruise. How many days is the cruise, what is the tip rate for the type of cabin you are in?

Next question, which two perks would you be choosing? i think that both of you are required to choose the same be erage package (meaning you can’t set it up for one of you to choose it and the other not to) AT THE TIME OF BOOKING. However, once on board, one of you can choose to purchase the beverage package without forcing the second one to do so,

If you can get the tips plus OBC for $360 then its a wash and you might was well have each of you get the Go Better.

Thanks.

I would choose Tips and OBC.

Tips are $135 per person, Go Better OBC will be $150 per person, and we also have $150 OBC (per cabin) because this booking was made on board.

Thanks.

Tips are $135 per person, Go Better OBC will be $150 per person, and we also have $150 OBC (per cabin) because this booking was made on board.

So booking the Go Better isn't saving you anything.

Thanks.

Even if you could some how get the Go Better for only one person in the cabin, why would you want to spend $360 to receive only $285 value?

Note that you will get the $150 OBC from the on-board booking regardless, so it is not part of the decision making.

Go big/better/best is not an add on package option. It is a booking promo. What you want to do is have one cabin split and booked under two separate promos; 1 resident rate and 1 go better rate. You won’t be able to do that.

And as a prior post mentioned, confused as to why you would want to spend $360 to gain $285 in perk value. Just prepay your gratuities and buy yourself $150 OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even if you could some how get the Go Better for only one person in the cabin, why would you want to spend $360 to receive only $285 value?

Note that you will get the $150 OBC from the on-board booking regardless, so it is not part of the decision making.

Exactly. It looks like the OP didn't do the math and simply had not realized that buying the Go Better promo is not a good idea in this case because it would be more expensive.

There is no need for them to pre-pay or pre-purchase anything additional (unless some worthwhile incentive is being offered to do so).

As you say, they will have the $150 OBC from the on-board booking to spend on board.

Their gratuities will be charged to their shipboard accounts, as will any onboard purchases they make.

At the end of the cruise, the final remaining balance on their shipboard accounts will be billed to their credit cards, and they won't need to pay anything at all until after they have returned home and receive their credit card statement for their next billing cycle.

(The exception would be if either of them should choose to use a cash account onboard for some reason, in which case that person would need to pay the final balance due right on the ship at the end of the cruise before disembarking.)

Edited by varoo