Insignia Deluxe Ocean View (C2) - twin bed configuration

Scrap Addict

In all of the photos I've been able to find for cabin type C2, the beds are pushed together. Since I'll be traveling with my mom, we've requested to have the beds split into 2 twins. Does anyone have any photos of the cabin with this layout for Oceania?

We've been fortunate in the past (on other cruise lines) to have the beds arranged either split both against opposite walls or as a t-bone configuration with one under the window, the other along the wall. Either of those setups optimizes floor space. It doesn't look very space efficient if they keep the beds in line with the headboard once they're split.

Only a week now and we'll be flying to China! Can't wait.....

We always split the beds because of my snoring and very early rising. Both on Nautica and Marina, they were in line with the headboard when split. I cannot remember if there would have been room for another configuration on Nautica. Both times the rooms were veranda cabins but I do not know if that would really make a difference.

The standard configuration is the beds are together with the heads against the neighbor wall, not the window/outside wall:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/insignia/suites-staterooms/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom/

If splitting, they usually just put an aisle between the beds, so one bed is moved under the window and the other stays where it started.

I've never seen the T-bone configuration and I don't think they can split the beds against both walls because there is a sofa or desk fixture in the way.

All of the beds we've had are "twins" (combined they make a queen so they are actually narrower than a standard twin) stuck together and aren't that heavy to move around so you might have some flexibility to try and ask for something that works for you. If T-bone doesn't work, I suppose you might be able to try swapping one bed with where the sofa is along the wall and then either remove the sofa or put it on the same wall as the desk?

Edited by ShopperfiendTO

In all of the photos I've been able to find for cabin type C2, the beds are pushed together. Since I'll be traveling with my mom, we've requested to have the beds split into 2 twins. Does anyone have any photos of the cabin with this layout for Oceania?

We've been fortunate in the past (on other cruise lines) to have the beds arranged either split both against opposite walls or as a t-bone configuration with one under the window, the other along the wall. Either of those setups optimizes floor space. It doesn't look very space efficient if they keep the beds in line with the headboard once they're split.

Only a week now and we'll be flying to China! Can't wait.....

I can’t speak to a C2, but on an Insignia C1 a friend traveling with her granddaughter had the beds split and they were placed against each side wall perpendicular with the window and a wide aisle in between the beds. It was her cabin attendant who suggested the layout, so it is possible, but it also depends on how the rest of the cabin furniture (desk, for example) is laid out. They were on for 180 days. Just mentioning the time frame as on short cruises the cabin attendant may be less likely to want to shift the beds around so much.

JimandStan - thanks for the photo!

h2so4 - glad to hear! We're on her for 35 days, so maybe we'll get lucky!

Although it would be very similar I think that picture is of an O ship, but I could be wrong.

Although it would be very similar I think that picture is of an O ship, but I could be wrong.

maybe not

It looks like a curtain tie back in the corner of Jim's photo

On the O ships the sofa is close to the windows

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom-311058/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom--v14123305/

maybe not

It looks like a curtain tie back in the corner of Jim's photo

On the O ships the sofa is close to the windows

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom-311058/deluxe-ocean-view-stateroom--v14123305/

Okay, I thought it was an PH room on the O class, with that being the chair at the end of each side of the bed.

Okay, I thought it was an PH room on the O class, with that being the chair at the end of each side of the bed.

well I thought people were discussing the C cabins but it is easy to go off the rails in the threads so who knows

Maybe Jim will say what Cat cabin is in the photo