Grand-Chef's Table

suekel

thank you. I'm told I shouldn't miss it. Do suite passengers have priority on signing up?

Only to the extent that when you pick up the phone in your suite to ring the Dine Line the call is supposed to go to the front of the queue. But what I have read is that if Chef's Table receives more requests than capacity, a random drawing is held as to who will go. (Unlike other activities such as the Ultimate Ship's Tour which goes by the order of sign up).

Perhaps a chat with the person in charge of Club Class Dining will help. (By "chat" I of course mean a crisp green handshake).

Thanks all. this sounds marvelous. Just have to remember to pack closed toe shoes just in case!

And be sure you have room to pack the swag in your suitcase!!

I thought I left enough room and I didn't. Luckily, I had an empty backpack.;p

The robes are heavy, so if you're flying take that into account, too.

And be sure you have room to pack the swag in your suitcase!!

I thought I left enough room and I didn't. Luckily, I had an empty backpack.;p

The robes are heavy, so if you're flying take that into account, too.

Robes are given out on the Ultimate Ship Tour.

The one time we did the Chef's Table, we were given

• Princess Cookbook
  • Two photographs--one with the entire group and one of my wife and I with the Chef and the Maitre d'
  • Copy of the menu for that evening

Robes are given out on the Ultimate Ship Tour.

The one time we did the Chef's Table, we were given

• Princess Cookbook
  • Two photographs--one with the entire group and one of my wife and I with the Chef and the Maitre d'
  • Copy of the menu for that evening

OMG!! :eek:I had my tables and my tours confused.:eek:

But the cookbook is about as heavy as those 2 robes, just takes up less space.;p

OMG!! :eek:I had my tables and my tours confused.:eek:

But the cookbook is about as heavy as those 2 robes, just takes up less space.;p

;p

The one time we did it, we disembarked at our home port and were not concerned about the weight of our bags. I'm sure you're right, though.

:)

We did the Chef's table on our first princess cruise around the British isles, 12 days. We called the restaurant line and put our names on the list as soon as we got on board, we receive the invitation in our cabin and we where scheduled on the second Chef's table of the cruise.

On longer cruises they will schedule a table as soon as they have 12 participants, additional Chef's tables are scheduled/held as they get additional 12 participants to sign up.

My DH likes to stay with what's included on the cruise, but he is a foodie, he was skeptical that the food would justify the additional $95.00/PP. It was worth ever penny. He now anxious to our next cruise on June 2nd, on Sapphire Princess, so we can participate on the Chef's table again.

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure that they vary the number of offerings based on the number of requests. This means that, as long as you get your name on the list early, there's a good chance that you'll get an invitation. With that said, you do hear of people who didn't get an invitation, but I think most people do.

The dinner itself truly is amazing. I found the food to be very good; my personal view is that the food was roughly on par with the specialty restaurants. What makes this dinner so great is the service and presentation. I've paid way more for a single dinner many times, and I've never been more blown away with the service and presentation...