Need advice quickly, no time to research. RFS on Anthem

Forgive me for posting a question which I could certainly figure out if I had time to research: what is the difference between a royal family suite and a family Junior suite on Anthem, and is it worth a $650 upgrade for a seven day cruise? There are 3 of us sailing, 2 adults and an 11 year old.

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fs.gif

Royal Family Balcony Suite

Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living area and wrap around private balcony with seating area and private outdoor dining. (Up to 8 guests)

Beds

• Two sets of two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
  • One double sofa bed
  • Two Pullman beds

Size

• Stateroom: 543 sq. ft.
  • Balcony: 259 sq. ft.

fj.gif

Family Junior Balcony Suite

These large suites a living area with a sofa bed. (Up to 5 guests)

Beds

• Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King bed
  • One double sofa bed
  • One Pullman bed in staterooms with up to 5 guests

Size

• Stateroom: 301 sq. ft.
  • Balcony: 81 sq. ft.

Forgive me for posting a question which I could certainly figure out if I had time to research: what is the difference between a royal family suite and a family Junior suite on Anthem, and is it worth a $650 upgrade for a seven day cruise? There are 3 of us sailing, 2 adults and an 11 year old.

TIA!

The RFS is 80% larger. Two separate rooms. Two BATHROOMS.

Is it worth it? Depends what you are looking for. Want some privacy from that 11 year old? Then HELL YES.

Look at it this way: $650 is $31 per person per day. Is that worth it? Two drinks with tip? ;) :D

Thanks Bob - hard to keep up w/ all the changes - glad for your expertise!

You're welcome, and it is hard to keep up. Hopefully after May when all the new categories come into play, things will calm down a bit.

Want some privacy from that 11 year old? Then HELL YES.

D

Best. Answer. You had me at privacy!

Thank you everyone for the responses and encouragement, I grabbed the RFS! It was $650 total, not pp.

Do I keep it a surprise from DH? Hmmmm...

Now to figure out how to maximize Sky class perks, we've never had that "problem" before. Since we have the main seating at 5:30, is there anyway to enjoy a complimentary beverage from the lounge during happy hour?

... Since we have the main seating at 5:30, is there anyway to enjoy a complimentary beverage from the lounge during happy hour?

The lounge should open an hour before early dinner.

Other ships, yes.

Anthem, no.

Anthem's cocktail hours are 5 to 8:30.

Did Anthem used to have 6pm early dinner and just never changed the lounge time when they switched to 5:30pm early dinner?

Did Anthem used to have 6pm early dinner and just never changed the lounge time when they switched to 5:30pm early dinner?

No.

There used to be Dynamic Dining, therefore no specific dining times for the ship.

They had to pick SOME times for cocktails.

They picked 5 to 8:30, and just stuck with it.

Other ships, yes.

Anthem, no.

Anthem's cocktail hours are 5 to 8:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they let you remove a drink from the lounge and take it with you to early seating? Or, should I plan on visiting the lounge after dinner only?

Do they let you remove a drink from the lounge and take it with you to early seating? Or, should I plan on visiting the lounge after dinner only?

They don't seem to care much anymore when you take a drink out of the lounge on the way to dinner.

They don't seem to care much anymore when you take a drink out of the lounge on the way to dinner.

Thank you!

Also regarding the lounge, do they have mocktails for kids? Or, purely adult beverages to encourage an adult crowd? And, should I expect a mad rush for the lounge at 5:00? I'm not going to throw elbows for a free drink.

Thank you!

Also regarding the lounge, do they have mocktails for kids? Or, purely adult beverages to encourage an adult crowd? And, should I expect a mad rush for the lounge at 5:00? I'm not going to throw elbows for a free drink.

I would expect the mad dash. They have soda for children. You may or may not be able to get a simple non-alcoholic cocktail for children, but nothing frozen or blended.

Thank you!

I would expect the mad dash. They have soda for children. You may or may not be able to get a simple non-alcoholic cocktail for children, but nothing frozen or blended.

Any juices that they use for mixers (pineapple, cranberry, grapefruit) could be a drink for your children.

The first day is always crowded in the CL. It tapers off after that, but 5 is still a busy time.

But come back after dinner. :)