Embarkation at Barcelona

Hi , newbie question..

We are on the Symphony for Western Europe cruise in May ,, as we dont have priority check in , what on average is the time it takes from arriving at the port to get through check in/security and actually getting to you cabin. Just curious of how long the process takes.!

Thanks

Wow, didnt excpect it to be so quick,, we have done all the online check in process so hoped it wouldn't be to long but if its 10mins I'd be so impressed , thanks for response

We've never seen much of a line at all. Since it's not a US port, they don't have to wait for a zero count to board passengers, so they can start boarding whenever they want.

We've never seen much of a line at all. Since it's not a US port, they don't have to wait for a zero count to board passengers, so they can start boarding whenever they want.

Hi Bob, Should we arrive at our scheduled time or does it really matter since they don't do the zero count thing in order to board.

We have always found Barcelona to be an excellent terminal to reach and embark at.

You can usually board from about 11.00am

The terminal has a few shops including an off licence.

Some eating venues and bars normally open about 11.30am

Cabins ready about 13.00pm

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise.

I have done quite a few Barcelona embarkation including one for Allure. When things go smoothly, it is very quick but on more than one occasion it has been chaos.

We usually book into a hotel the night before. Given that we have to check out around 10:00 am we are usually at the port terminal by 10:30. Our experience has been that they delay start of check-in on occasions and that is when it gets a little chaotic.

Compared to Southampton and FLL, I have found that ground staff at Barcelona are not as organised. Check-in can be delayed resulting in crowds building up and they are not good at managing this. It is true that when things go smoothly, boarding is very quick.

With Allure they used two terminals for embarkation. Your designated terminal depended on your cabin number. So make sure you are aware of which terminal you need to go to.

Also the ship is so big she will be boarding across 2 terminals. Depending on where your cabin is you will be directed to the right one.

Speeds things up. Quick checkin, past the wine shop, up the escalator and you are on board!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also the ship is so big she will be boarding across 2 terminals. Depending on where your cabin is you will be directed to the right one.

Speeds things up. Quick checkin, past the wine shop, up the escalator and you are on board!

thanks for all the responses guys, appreciate the comments

Wow, didnt excpect it to be so quick,, we have done all the online check in process so hoped it wouldn't be to long but if its 10mins I'd be so impressed , thanks for response

Since you mentioned going straight to your cabin, realize that they won't be available until around 1 PM. If you show up early, you may get on quick, but you'll have to stay in public spaces until the cabins are ready.

In August, we sailed on the Radiance and basically as Bob indicated it is pretty quick as Pax arrive from all over the world at different times. We were surprised that we were able to board at 10:30 am and cabins available at 1 pm.

Since you mentioned going straight to your cabin, realize that they won't be available until around 1 PM. If you show up early, you may get on quick, but you'll have to stay in public spaces until the cabins are ready.

prob wont arrive till 1PM anyway but thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...

If we plan to arrive jusr before 1pm and hopefully cabin is ready , my understanding is you leave your luggage at the port, on average when do you normally get your luggsge back ? I assume they drop it off at your cabin ?

If we plan to arrive jusr before 1pm and hopefully cabin is ready , my understanding is you leave your luggage at the port, on average when do you normally get your luggsge back ? I assume they drop it off at your cabin ?

Most often we receive bags shortly before muster.

Thanks Bob, do they just leave them just outside your cabin !

Most often we find them outside the stateroom, but every once in a while someone puts them inside the stateroom.

Most often we find them outside the stateroom, but every once in a while someone puts them inside the stateroom.

Sorry Bob,as you can tell I'm still new to this, from now on I will try to refer to my cabin as "stateroom":confused:

Thanks again for the info

Tom