After booking and fully paid for cruise, then found it much cheaper, how you feel and

jaitip

I'm one who usually books all of our cruises after the final payment date. I want a bargain. But sometimes I have seen the prices of all the cruises that fit DH's vacation dates (when he taught at a community college) go up and up. We ended up not going on a cruise during his breaks some of the time.

Once when we booked a cruise before the final payment date, I noticed prices dropping a lot after the final payment date. Our travel agent got us an upgrade. It was not much of an upgrade, but still better than nothing. That was 17 years ago, when I used a local travel agent and before it was as easy as it is now to research cruise prices.

It usually depends on your final payment - date- NOT when you happen to pay. It also is possible some agents charge their own fees for cancellations and changes. Happens in the US. It could also be an inclusive package that can't be separated- so the claim posted re transfers, may in fact be an inclusion you can't separate under your booking agreement.

There are all kinds of ways to book. AND it's important to go in the direction that is right for you. There is no way to predict the future, prices go up and down, and that "down" price isn't known until the ship sails. With late booking- which I frequently do, you do have to be 100% accepting of prices going up, selling out, and NOT going. :) I'm paying a game right now, with a cruise in a week. Everyone who booked in advance has all their plans in place and are relaxing- ready to go. Me, I'll be putting things together quickly. :) You've got to know, what works the best for your travel style.

It usually depends on your final payment - date- NOT when you happen to pay. It also is possible some agents charge their own fees for cancellations and changes.

The OP is from Thailand. Who knows how their bookings work.

The OP is from Thailand. Who knows how their bookings work.

Umm

For transfer, HAL said that we can deduct as people reach different date.

I think travel agent here could not help anything much. They are just straight. Sometimes don’t try to find the way out and just give any answers just because think that we don’t know.

Maybe they have less experience as it is not wide market here.

By the way, what OP meant?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Umm

For transfer, HAL said that we can deduct as people reach different date.

I think travel agent here could not help anything much. They are just straight. Sometimes don’t try to find the way out and just give any answers just because think that we don’t know.

Maybe they have less experience as it is not wide market here.

By the way, what OP meant?

Thank you

Original Poster (you). Don't feel bad. This happens in the US also, prices go down. Sometimes people can negotiate an upgrade or some money back, sometimes they can't. Some cruise lines are easier to work with. You were set on Holland America from day one.

You were OK with the price of the cruise when you booked it. Go and have a great time with your Mom. I hope the cruise is fabulous.

Original Poster (you). Don't feel bad. This happens in the US also, prices go down. Sometimes people can negotiate an upgrade or some money back, sometimes they can't. Some cruise lines are easier to work with. You were set on Holland America from day one.

You were OK with the price of the cruise when you booked it. Go and have a great time with your Mom. I hope the cruise is fabulous.

Thank you so much.

I just paid the due amount on March 14. I think if I regularly check, i can cancel in time and rebook. But HAL did not give me anything for compensation. Regarding this, it was negotiation between HAL and my travel agent. HAL said that they cant do with me directly. This is experience I have learnt.

I don’t yet know much about the things. Just learn day by day.

Well when I booked , I was not really ok, but just want my mom to go and see what i see as there might be last chance for her. Who know what will happen.

I knew Alaska in school, but not much. I saw some Thai people review about Alaska, I then want to go.

Also, i feel good that there is this community here which helps a lot. Otherwise I will continue knowing nothing. People here are nice. I can learn English as well ^^

Time is coming, feel a bit nervous, not for myself but my mom.

Thank you again.

It usually depends on your final payment - date- NOT when you happen to pay. It also is possible some agents charge their own fees for cancellations and changes. Happens in the US. It could also be an inclusive package that can't be separated- so the claim posted re transfers, may in fact be an inclusion you can't separate under your booking agreement.

There are all kinds of ways to book. AND it's important to go in the direction that is right for you. There is no way to predict the future, prices go up and down, and that "down" price isn't known until the ship sails. With late booking- which I frequently do, you do have to be 100% accepting of prices going up, selling out, and NOT going. :) I'm paying a game right now, with a cruise in a week. Everyone who booked in advance has all their plans in place and are relaxing- ready to go. Me, I'll be putting things together quickly. :) You've got to know, what works the best for your travel style.

Yes at that time I was afraid that it would be full. But now I think there are always cancellation anytime. I saw changing price often. Next time if I do not have good deal, just wait, if full just don’t go [emoji4].

Just prepare myself ready and keep looking for a deal.

What is your plan? Mind to tell me? Come to Alaska on the same trip? [emoji38]

Thank you so much.

I just paid the due amount on March 14. I think if I regularly check, i can cancel in time and rebook. But HAL did not give me anything for compensation. Regarding this, it was negotiation between HAL and my travel agent. HAL said that they cant do with me directly. This is experience I have learnt.

I don’t yet know much about the things. Just learn day by day.

Just take your Mom on the cruise and have a great time. Alaska is beautiful and I think you will both love it. You may not have another chance so take advantage of it.

Your English is fine. No worries.

Just take your Mom on the cruise and have a great time. Alaska is beautiful and I think you will both love it. You may not have another chance so take advantage of it.

Your English is fine. No worries.

Thank you [emoji108]