Carnival: So I am not crazy... your system is?

I truly don't understand why people even go on vacation when little things like this cause such heartache. Why risk it? When asking for a reservation this early from Carnival I have never not gotten the time I requested. They charge you when you appear for your meal. If you find you have conflicting reservations they will work with you via email to find a time that is satisfactory. Patience is key.

I actually do understand. I too was an extreme planner. Vacations were planned out a year or more in advance. Money was drafted from my bank account every pay period into a vacation account. After initial deposit, the balance was divided into the amount of pay periods until final payment. After final payment, excursions, reservations & gratuities were made. The withdrawals continued to account for vacation spending. Every I dotted, every T crossed and nothing could go wrong. OMG, I laugh at myself writing this. Now that the kids have moved out, graduated from college, college paid. One left in College preparatory school so we are practically empty nesters. There are no other schedules to consider I have fallen apart and wait until the last minute to do things.

Recently posted a question to all about Specialty Diningreservation process for a July sailing on Horizon... specifically that it appeared ridiculous to have to wait24-48 hours just to find out if you ‘GOT’ the reservation.

Today, three days later, Carnival STILL has not confirmedback to me (they said it would be an email) and when I was forced now to call themthey stated that they have ‘NO WAT TO EVEN CONFIRM IF I MADE A RESERVATION’?

Carnival does have an IT department, correct? The do use computers?

I hear from other posts that some people wait up 9 daysto hear back?

I would like to hear from the RCL or NCL’ers out thereand what they think of the reservation system?

I like Specialty Restaurants, Carnival probably makesmoney on the Specialty Restaurants, but if it’s going to be such a pain in the%%$##@ to book them (especially since Carnival won’t even confirm if I ambooked… but of course they will charge you if you miss it and don’t cancel with24 hours notice).

Sorry for venting but this may be enough to toss the Julytrip and go back to the other lines!

Again, RCL’er and NCL’ers… what’s your take/experiencewith Carnival?

I would give it a little time. I've cruised all three lines, RC, NCL and Carnival. Its always something. But don't let it bother you because even if you don't get your reservation, there's so much good food, you won't mind. But I know sometimes, it feels good to vent.

Probably should not have referred to capital but Industry. Worked in Travel/Reservation firm (within Cendant) for 15 years and even back then (90's-2005) still had 'connected systems so the User could see what they are reserving.
What would a Travel/Reservation firm have to sell it not for their computer systems? For the cruise lines: cruises.

Understand?

And for a Rep of the company (Carnival) to say they couldn't even see if I have attempted a Reservation, let along if it was confirmed... if we treated calls into Wyndam or RCL or .... we would have been fired!

It isn't unheard of for bad management to fire employees for doing the best they could do given the system that management set up.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Something to note: Carnival handles reservations on the ship, in a book. When you request a reservation, on the backend an email is sent to the appropriate host/ess to schedule the reservation. You then get an email back confirming, or advising its not available. Hence why all available times are available. They don't use a computer system, like other lines, to do reservations.

The Horizon was just turned over today. The staff have been extremely busy getting the ship ready. Someone should get back to you soon.

OK, so now we have 2 threads because Carnival hasn't responded fast enough to satisfy you on specialty restaurant reservations.

And looking at the initial post on this thread, one can surmise it doesn't take much to set you off enough that you need to vent.

Hopefully you will get your reservations confirmed shortly or you may need another thread to vent ?? :eek: