EPIC lighting advice

ceb65

Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions for the dim lighting situation on the Epic. We cruise at the end of April. I did read reviews prior to booking, but was wondering if anyone brought supplemental lighting, such as LED puck style lights? They are battery powered so that should be allowed, I think. I booked an inside cabin, because I never used the balcony on my last cruise, and figured I will be using the room mainly to sleep and shower, I didn't think about how much light I would lose. I don't want to scare my fellow cruisers when I try to do my make-up in the dark;p

Any advice would be appreciated!

I always carry a led puck I leave on the night table for when I have to visit the bathroom and don't wake up the wife with the room lights

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree the lighting is a little dim in the inside cabins, I certainly found it that way. However we were on a 10 day and I lived with it... just didn't want to spend any more time in the cabin than strictly needed. I don't think small LED lights would make much of a different to be honest.

Unless it changed, the lighting beside/over the vanity is very dim. I categorize it as putting on makeup by candlelight.

I think the dim lighting is a very common complaint about the cabins on the Epic. If I were a woman I think I’d go looking for a portable lighted makeup mirror to bring with me. Personally I found the lighting on the Epic to be irritatingly dim even for shaving.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for suggestions for the dim lighting situation on the Epic. We cruise at the end of April. I did read reviews prior to booking, but was wondering if anyone brought supplemental lighting, such as LED puck style lights? They are battery powered so that should be allowed, I think. I booked an inside cabin, because I never used the balcony on my last cruise, and figured I will be using the room mainly to sleep and shower, I didn't think about how much light I would lose. I don't want to scare my fellow cruisers when I try to do my make-up in the dark;p

I found the lighting very poor for doing my makeup. I didn’t see any reviews of this till after I cruised didn’t even think it might be an issue. But I would look for a small lighted makeup mirror I don’t think the small puck ones would work as it would cast too many shadows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the great advice! I did by a small lighted mirror, but still not sure if it will be enough to help. I didn't want to bring a bigger one for obvious reasons ( might get broken on long flights), but I might look into a better one than I bought, because DH will need to see to shave as well. I have seen small LED puck lights that have magnets on them on Amazon, and I am considering a pack of them to put on the ceiling over vanity, if they don't work DH can use them in the garage at home.

• 3 months later...
Hello everyone,

Is it possible to just take the lamp shade off the lamps on the sides of the nightstands ?

or just bring 100W lightbulbs with you in your luggage.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible to just take the lamp shade off the lamps on the sides of the nightstands ?

I've done this in hotels with bad lighting and it generally doesn't help.

or just bring 100W lightbulbs with you in your luggage.
For the safety of all on board, please don't do this. Even if the bulb you bring from home will fit (it's very plausible that it won't), the possibility of the fixture and related wiring being rated for 100W is very unlikely and you would therefore be creating a safety hazard. The battery powered LED lights are a much better alternative.

What are see-through toilets? Cruising in a studio for my first time in November...

thanks!

The screen for the toilet in the balcony/inside cabins is fairly transparent and not separated from the rest of the room, which is different from all the other ships. Not generally considered a good feature.

The studios are great though. Have a great time.

The screen for the toilet in the balcony/inside cabins is fairly transparent and not separated from the rest of the room, which is different from all the other ships. Not generally considered a good feature.
Is this on the Epic? I recall the Getaway and Bliss having a solid door.

The studios are great though. Have a great time.

This is great, thanks!

For some reason I was picturing a clear toilet fixture! :confused::confused:

Sorry, blonde moment! Laughing now. But this all makes sense and happy to hear that the studios are great and have great lighting! Thanks all!