Tell me everything about the Caribbean Princess. Anything you like or dislike.

zoryana

Alright!!! With the million questions I had. I think I made up my mind... Husband told me to choose a cruise for our honeymoon. I have really been looking at the Caribbean Princess. :)

I had one person tell me that Caribbean Princess isn't for honeymoons. Its mostly for an older crowd. Is that true? Also, if you have been on the Caribbean Princess before (because I know many of you have) please tell me about it. Did you like it?

I hope I dont annoy all of you with some of my questions. Im so new to this. But I love planning.

And while planning, I have millions of questions. But you all have been so amazing and helpful!!! Thank you!!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Its been a few years but I think it would be a good choice for a ship.

Balcony cabins are a little smaller than on Holland America and Cunard. To get a love seat you have to move up to a Mini suite. I think that's pretty much how it is on Princess, though.

Nice closet area adjacent to the bathroom (balcony cabin again) No shortage of hanging space and you're not blocking the entrance hallway when you're getting something in the closets.

This is a weird thing to complain about but here goes - the stairways generally don't have risers at the backs of the treads. When you're going down the stairs you're looking at the feet of people on the level above you.

The buffet was nice, good service throughout the ship.

Zoryana, some of the best cabins for honeymoons are found on NCL ships in The Haven, such as The Haven Spa Suite, The Haven Courtyard Penthouse and The Haven Aft Facing Penthouse with Master Bedroom and Balcony. On the Jewel class ships (if you want something quieter) The Haven is even more special and exclusive than on the larger ships as there are far fewer suites.

If you decide to go with Princess, I would suggest one of the newer Princess ships such as the the Regal Princess and the Royal Princess as the crowd onboard will be younger. (I believe you mentioned being 40-ish)

If pricing is important to you, MSC Yacht Club Suites are a fantastic option as they are all inclusive and the pricing is like a junior suite on most lines. You get butler and concierge service, a private pool and hot tubs for suite guests, as well as a private bar and restaurant for suite guests. I suggest the MSC Divina or MSC Seaside which sail round trip out of Miami.

The age of the crowd onboard is largely dependent on the time of year and length of the cruise. Summer and typical school vacation periods attract younger families. Shorter cruises (7 days or less) attract younger passengers (often restricted by work/vacation schedules), while longer cruises attract more retirees.

As CruiserBruce says, check out the Princess Boards for specific threads about the Caribbean Princess. Also try going to the Princess Roll Call section of the Cruise Critic boards, click on Caribbean Princess, and skim through some of the roll call conversations - you may be able to get an idea of the age/interests of the passengers. Keep in mind, however, that the majority of passengers onboard will not be members of Cruise Critic or the Roll Calls.