Walking Out During Shows

gmbhardy

Maybe the minute someone decides they don’t like the cruise they get up and leave the ship too.

After all why bear another single moment of misery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet you have an “Etiquette” for that too.

Are they allowed to swim breast stroke or is that frowned upon.

I bet you have an “Etiquette” for that too.

Are they allowed to swim breast stroke or is that frowned upon.

I’d love them to get off any way they choose so I don’t have to be bothered by them for a single moment. The sooner the better.

They can start topic after topic on message boards about how horrible the line/ship/cruise is and why they had to just get off.

But they don’t ever go that far do they. They just post complaints about how bad this was or that was...like it’s everything important thats going on in the world.

I don't participate actively on here; usually read about ships, ports, etc., but this came up when I opened the app as a hot thread. Boy, do I wish I hadn't read so many of these replies, it is very sad.

On my last cruise an elderly couple needed to get by us; we were on the Sky and it has those fixed cocktail tables. The theater was dark and we were near speakers so it was pretty loud. It was difficult for the couple to handle so when we stood up to give them space I took their hands and helped stabilize/guide them out the row. Even in the dark I could see that they were appreciative.

Glad I could lend a hand so they did not trip on a cocktail table. I think MANY people would have done exactly the same thing.

I'd think helping people is much more in line with etiquette than some of the disgusting, brow beating lessons being forced on people here. But what do I know, I just cruise for a good time. I have left a show or two in my life; to Hell with me I guess.

But they don’t ever go that far do they. They just post complaints about how bad this was or that was...like it’s everything important thats going on in the world.

Sorry but so far, you are the one doing all the complaining, which BTW is what I have noticed as your way of operating.

Always bringing up your imaginary rules and Etiquette BS, most people are fine with someone leaving a theatre for whatever reason, 5 seconds of interruption is meaningless to anyone but the uptight and busy body personalities that want to correct and put everyone in their place.

Fortunately most will not stand for this kind of nonsense anymore and call you out on it.

Sorry but so far, you are the one doing all the complaining, which BTW is what I have noticed as your way of operating.

Always bringing up your imaginary rules and Etiquette BS, most people are fine with someone leaving a theatre for whatever reason, 5 seconds of interruption is meaningless to anyone but the uptight and busy body personalities that want to correct and put everyone in their place.

Fortunately most will not stand for this kind of nonsense anymore and call you out on it.

Spare me. I have yet to say leaving a show is ok, not for even 5 seconds. I’ve said stay. No BS about it.

Spare me. I have yet to say leaving a show is ok, not for even 5 seconds. I’ve said stay. No BS about it.

There is no obligation to stay for the duration of anything on a cruise besides muster drill, just so you are aware. Certainly not a show. Ships have so much entertainment going on, choose what you like, when you like it.

Why don’t you go back and read the original thread starter I was trying to be constructive by suggesting a little attention to detail might save everybody some time and frustration

You obviously didn’t understand my last post that you quoted because you responded with the same uptight know it all BS that I was talking about.

You obviously didn’t understand my last post that you quoted because you responded with the same uptight know it all BS that I was talking about.

I know my own rules. I’m very certain of them. Do you want me to share them with you again and just because you don’t like them and are trying to get me to change to yours???

Why don’t you go back and read the original thread starter I was trying to be constructive by suggesting a little attention to detail might save everybody some time and frustration

Check. It avoids so much confusion. As someone mentioned it’s in the dailies. It’s theatre. It’s an environment that some may not be used to, and others are.

It’s a sharing of information and a learning about something new.

No it would save you frustration, most people have a kind and tolerant nature, who think nothing of someone interrupting them for 5 seconds whatever their reason is for leaving.

No need to research everything to death, when you are on vacation, some of the most pleasant and memorable things happen when you do something on the spur of the moment.

Most are trying to get away from their every moment being planned, controlled, it is called a vacation.

Having fun usually is not detrimental.

I know my own rules. I’m very certain of them. Do you want me to share them with you again and just because you don’t like them and are trying to get me to change to yours???

There is the crux of the problem which you have just confirmed.

They are “your rules” or BS as I refer to it, please keep them, nobody else seems to be interested.

Someone I believe has already pointed out to you that you are required to attend and stay for muster and that is it.

I don’t have any rules, as I said I am more than happy to make room for anybody that wants to walk over me beside me whatever. I don’t know why they are leaving and don’t care it is their decision to make.

No it would save you frustration, most people have a kind and tolerant nature, who think nothing of someone interrupting them for 5 seconds whatever their reason is for leaving.

No need to research everything to death, when you are on vacation, some of the most pleasant and memorable things happen when you do something on the spur of the moment.

Most are trying to get away from their every moment being planned, controlled, it is called a vacation.

Having fun usually is not detrimental.

Yea ok, you’re absolutely right.

There is the crux of the problem which you have just confirmed.

They are “your rules” or BS as I refer to it, please keep them, nobody else seems to be interested.

Someone I believe has already pointed out to you that you are required to attend and stay for muster and that is it.

And as others have mentioned for many pages, courtesy to performers and other guests, in some instances AKA etiquette, is often overlooked by its all about me people who have their own rules.

I think that sums up a few days of postings that shows it leaves a large divide among the folks who have contributed to the OP’s thread on this topic.

The right to do whatever you want is called anarchy.

I never said people had the right to do whatever they wanted. You on the other hand, did say that people did not have the right to leave a show because you are offended by them leaving.

How do you think is the best way to hold them hostage? Chain the doors shut or just pull a gun on everyone?

And as others have mentioned for many pages, courtesy to performers and other guests, in some instances AKA etiquette, is often overlooked by its all about me people who have their own rules.

I think that sums up a few days of postings that shows it leaves a large divide among the folks who have contributed to the OP’s thread on this topic.

Again, you are the only one quoting your imaginary rules and Etiquette nobody else is.

Nobody else is trying to enforce anything on anyone.

Everybody in the theatre is a free person they can leave when and if they want the same way they came in ( what, you are going to stop each and ask for proof if they need to go to the bathroom or are not feeling well , whatever) and no uptight busy body has anyway to stop it other than complaining on this board. ( this has been your role I believe).

You are the prime example of the Me People, my rules, my Etiquette.

There isn’t such a large divide, luckily these pages prove that you are way way in the minority.

csopi, it's pointless to wrestle in the mud with a pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it anyways.

Good point,

However, look at all the states nowadays that are being over run by wild hogs.

Maybe a little wrestling is needed from time to time just to let them know that we don’t appreciate the smell.

I apologize to all readers who interpreted my thread starter as a condemnation of people who walk out during shows. That was not my intention. Ii was simply meant to suggest a way to prevent a mass exodus of theatre goers at the beginning of performances. Perhaps I did not articulate that clearly enough. I love cruising and all the experiences that make cruising special including going to Broadway quality shows. I would like it to be the best experience possible - for everyone. I will not apologize to people who think they are entilted to act rude and obnoxious because it’s their vacation and they can do whatever they want, not specifically in the theatre, but at venues throughout the ship. I was brought up to be polite and respectful and I guess I’m selfish because, to some degree, I naively expect that of other cruisers. For those of you who get some warped sense of humour personally attacking people on these boards, I’d like to meet you for a beer on your next cruise. Let me know your next sailing and I’ll see what I can do because I’ve always wanted to meet a Neanderthal.