How to watch my own DVD on cabin TV

Travelling on Ovation, October 2018.

Is it possible to watch my own DVD's through the cabin TV? If so, what's the procedure?

Thanks for any help available.

You might have to choose channel 3 to select the HDMI input.

Why are u on a cruise watching dvds even if it’s for the kids put them In the kids club. U can watch dvds at home but it’s ur money and ur choice. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nokids, but that's none of your business. I asked a simple question that some seemed to answer without judgement or criticism. You know nothing about us. But seeing as though it has caused you to reply, let me explain. We like to spend a quiet evening in our cabin & enjoy watching movies. Does that satisfy your curiosity? If this sounds snarky or snippy, good, that was my intention. I do not generally post on CC or ask questions. Now I know why. I do appreciate the useful answers from others.

Nokids, but that's none of your business. I asked a simple question that some seemed to answer without judgement or criticism. You know nothing about us. But seeing as though it has caused you to reply, let me explain. We like to spend a quiet evening in our cabin & enjoy watching movies. Does that satisfy your curiosity? If this sounds snarky or snippy, good, that was my intention. I do not generally post on CC or ask questions. Now I know why. I do appreciate the useful answers from others.
OP, just ignore that particular poster response.

I 100% agree with you're response.

After 25+ cruises with RCI we're not interested in the nightlife onboard any longer. It's all about the ports and how easy and relaxing it is for us to cruise. We enjoy watching movies in our cabin at night after busy days in port or onboard. It's absolutely no one else's business...it's our choice.

Good answer. Always one that has a stupid response to a simple question. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks everyone for your support. You are the reason I'm a member of CC.:*

I'm right there with you. I hope the VOOM is fast enough on the Oasis in 2 weeks to stream Netflix or Amazon.

I like to watch TV to unwind at night.

Hopefully you can get the DVD player to work. Enjoy!

Bill

I'm right there with you. I hope the VOOM is fast enough on the Oasis in 2 weeks to stream Netflix or Amazon.

I like to watch TV to unwind at night.

Hopefully you can get the DVD player to work. Enjoy!

Bill

I streamed hockey games without any problems from Allure, I suspect you’ll have no problems.

Glad we are not the only ones that like to sit in our cabins relaxing with a good movie

We are definitely not night owls. Sometimes we are that exhausted, we can be in bed by 9.30pm. It's also nice to chill out sometimes during the day. There's only so much trivia I'm able to do before my head explodes.:eek:

We are definitely not night owls. Sometimes we are that exhausted, we can be in bed by 9.30pm. It's also nice to chill out sometimes during the day. There's only so much trivia I'm able to do before my head explodes.:eek:

I am a night owl since i have worked 2nd shift for about 25 years. My body clock doesn't adjust well during vacation. lol Like to watch some tv after work. Tough to walk in the door after work and go right to bed.

Some sea days on the ship our room doesn't get made up because I sleep in. My wife just tells the steward to don't worry about the room today and she just asks for clean towels.

I guess somebody will want to know why I am wasting half the day on vacation sleeping.;p

Thanks csnarpy for the voom report. :)

Bill

I guess somebody will want to know why I am wasting half the day on vacation sleeping.;p

I was thinking the same thing. I guess the right person hasn’t read that post yet.

I streamed hockey games without any problems from Allure, I suspect you’ll have no problems.

We did this also, wish RC would get hockey games. We will be streaming again, one of the only reasons we get VOOM, since Bruins are playoff bound.