Drink and Dining Packages

Go do a booking, look for "free at sea" perks. You get 1 for an inside, more for booking OV etc....

We book a balcony, get two perks...one is the dining plan, the other we get is the UBP or Ultimate Beverage Plan. It's all explained on the NCL website. You pay gratuities on the packages you pick as your perk.

Works out great for The Bride and I.

I am a loyal Carnival Cruiser. But someone told me to switch over to NCL because although slightly pricier, you get drink and dining packages included in your ticket?

So this is not an add on? like buying a drink package?

Can someone explain thanks! You might switch me over.

Simply look at the promotions on the front page of NCL.com. Different cruises/cabin classes are eligible for different perq's.

It's important to note that if you pick the Unlimited Drink Package as one of your perks, you will be charged for tax and gratuity, which is still a pretty hefty charge. If you do a "mock" booking through the NCL website you will see the charge added onto your total once you choose your Free at Sea perks. However, even with the charge for tax and gratuity, it is a GREAT deal. You can get any drink onboard at any bar/restaurant/dining room that is under $15 and you can get two at a time! There is no per day limit. If you do opt for a drink costing more than $15, you are only charged the difference.

Keep in mind the “Sail Away” rates you see do not include any promos. So if the cabin category ends in X (BX, MX, etc) it has no free at sea promos.

Some comments I have read lately from Carnival cruisers on NCL cruises: diner service slower, few drink waiters roaming around and crowded pool decks. Advoid 3 and 4 day cruises in March as they are marketed to spring breakers.

I have never had a bad cruise on NCL or CCL.