Dining times

mike30542

DW & I are Cruising on Silhouette in September this year & have been allocated late sitting (but waitlisted for Select) dining. Late sitting (8.45pm) really is a no go for us. Any idea of the likelihood of being changed to Select before we cruise? If not what are our options once on board?

Most of the time Celebrity is able to accommodate such requests, but it does depend on how many people on a given cruise want a particular dining choice - there is only a finite number of tables. If it is not accomplished prior to boarding, try to board early and head straight to the main dining room; they will have staff taking requests to make changes to one's dining assignment. The quicker you can notify them on boarding day of your request, the better your odds of being accommodated. Sometimes it can take a day or two to sort it out, but they try to make people happy whenever possible. Worst case scenario, the buffet at dinner-time has improved in recent years, so that might be an option some nights for an earlier dinner (despite having Luminae access last cruise, I enjoyed a couple dinners in the buffet). Specialty dining packages might be something to consider as well (though that would incur an extra cost).

I was in the same situation and called and explained that is not possible for me to eat late.. 9pm is bedtime for and I am up at 6. My body has no desire for food in the evening . For many it is a health issue.. hernias, etc.If I went to bed with food in my stomach I would not sleep!!

I told them if they cannot change me it will be buffet only and with that no diningroom tips

I was changed within a few days

We were late booking a cruise a couple of years ago and were initially assigned late. I called and the agent advised that they normally only waitlist up to 25 and had to check that there were less than that on list before we could be added to Select.

If same system is in place you’d like to think that you’d have a good chance of being moved.

The other point to consider is that even if you are reassigned to Select, then all the mid evening reservations have gone and you are left with very early or very late.

Fingers crossed for you.

We were late booking a cruise a couple of years ago and were initially assigned late. I called and the agent advised that they normally only waitlist up to 25 and had to check that there were less than that on list before we could be added to Select.

If same system is in place you’d like to think that you’d have a good chance of being moved.

The other point to consider is that even if you are reassigned to Select, then all the mid evening reservations have gone and you are left with very early or very late.

Fingers crossed for you.

We have done Select dining in the MDR and have never had a problem with Mid-evening reservations filling all of Select Dining. We only make reservations for the first night. After the first night we show up when we are ready 7- 8:15; on occasion we have had a wait of 10-15 minutes but normally seated within a couple of minutes.

" buffet only and with that no diningroom tips

while I understand the sentiment behind this statement, if you eat in the buffet (or the Mast Grill or the Aqua Spa cafe or any of the other venues included in the price of your cruise, the portion of the tips designated for waiters is split between all these folks, not jut the ones in the dining room. So removing your dining room tips isn't just a detriment to the ones who are working there but to all the staff. And another thing to keep in mind, that the tips designated to waitstaff also cover those who serve you at breakfast and lunch, not just the dinnertime staff.

When we first booked our May 2018 cruise, a year ago, we requested Select and were assigned to late dining. It showed up that way online for months, even though our travel agent assured us it was a mistake. Eventually she got it changed. I suspect it was all a website error because I couldn’t imagine that Select would be filled up more than a year before the sail date. In any case, we’re good. If you have a TA, I’d recommend you put him or her on it. Otherwise, I’d plead health issues — and keep at it. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums