Help! Documents for a minor !

I am taking my son and his best friend on a cruise next week visIon of the seas ! We typed a letter stating I was taking him and I had medical permission and all that stuff we all 3 signed it and the notary put a seal on it ! My question is if the mother last name and child’s last name aren’t the same as I gonna have issues ! Bio father is incarcerated and mom has full

Custody of him and has remarried ?

I don't think there will be any issues. My daughter's oldest has a different last name, and that has never been an issue.

In 15 cruises with our grands, we have never needed the letter. Still get it each cruise as it may be important if someone gets sick or injured, or there is an issue at the port.

I am taking my son and his best friend on a cruise next week visIon of the seas ! We typed a letter stating I was taking him and I had medical permission and all that stuff we all 3 signed it and the notary put a seal on it ! My question is if the mother last name and child’s last name aren’t the same as I gonna have issues ! Bio father is incarcerated and mom has full

Custody of him and has remarried ?

As long as you have his birth certificate and your marriage license, you should not have any issues

Ok great! Well I was just concerned cause mom and step dad signed the letter they have the same last name but the child has a different last name ! But I’ll have his birth cert and social ! It’s my

Sons best friend

Ok great! Well I was just concerned cause mom and step dad signed the letter they have the same last name but the child has a different last name ! But I’ll have his birth cert and social ! It’s my

Sons best friend

i always say take more not less. So I would take something that shows her name the same as her son and then her marriage license showing her name changed. You can never take too much.

i always say take more not less. So I would take something that shows her name the same as her son and then her marriage license showing her name changed. You can never take too much.

Are they gonna make a big deal that the bio father didn’t sign ?

I have taken a minor whose mom has a different last name from the girl's. The check in agent didn't have a clue what any of it was and then said she had to keep my documents. I told her no you don't! You may make a copy if you wish but I must have the originals in case I need to seek medical attention for this child. So I am just making you aware that the check in folks may or may not have a clue what any of it is. My advice is to check in with passports, IDs, birth certificates etc., but don't even pull out the parental consent stuff unless they ask for it and have it ready if they do.

I have taken a minor whose mom has a different last name from the girl's. The check in agent didn't have a clue what any of it was and then said she had to keep my documents. I told her no you don't! You may make a copy if you wish but I must have the originals in case I need to seek medical attention for this child. So I am just making you aware that the check in folks may or may not have a clue what any of it is. My advice is to check in with passports, IDs, birth certificates etc., but don't even pull out the parental consent stuff unless they ask for it and have it ready if they do.

Totally agree. Leave the letter in your file when you check in. We have never even been asked for it.

We have a similar issue with our grandkids coming with us on our Anthem cruise next week and their mother's sole custody court order, which we have a copy of, shows the relationship. We also have a notarized consent letter from her.

SO should I even get stepdad to sign it or just mom ? Or both ?

Just Mom, stepdad has no authority to authorize anything unless he adopted the child and then he wouldn't be a stepdad. Birth certificates normally show the mothers maiden name, even when married, we have never had a problem with just a letter from the Mother

Good point. So be sure to make copies and bring both original and copies. Then you can give the copies to whoever needs/wants them and you keep originals.

Just Mom, stepdad has no authority to authorize anything unless he adopted the child and then he wouldn't be a stepdad. Birth certificates normally show the mothers maiden name, even when married, we have never had a problem with just a letter from the Mother

Ok so don’t even put the stepdad on ?

The mom signs her legal married name but birth cert has her maiden name ?

Start with the cruiser’s birth certificate. Have a notarized letter from an authorized parent with you but don’t show it unless requested.

If you have more than that, you might feel more secure but once you are onboard, you will wonder why you were so stressed. It really is easy.

Start with the cruiser’s birth certificate. Have a notarized letter from an authorized parent with you but don’t show it unless requested.

If you have more than that, you might feel more secure but once you are onboard, you will wonder why you were so stressed. It really is easy.

Yeah I hope so cause I really am freaking out , I’m driving 6 hrs to Galveston and don’t wanna get denied and the child not be able to board ! I have the letter his birth certificate , school id and his social

Yeah I hope so cause I really am freaking out , I’m driving 6 hrs to Galveston and don’t wanna get denied and the child not be able to board ! I have the letter his birth certificate , school id and his social

Social security is not/never needed for check in child or adult...Government issued Birth Certificate and Student ID is all you need

We have been with my kids and not their dad twice. Once in Port Canaveral 2/14 all three kids we were asked for letter from dad this time was Galveston in Jan 2018 my daughter did have a passport (not sure if that made any difference) that agent didn't ask for the letter. I did have it but didn't volunteer just to see.

We have done it 15 times and never had a problem, nor do I remember anyone reporting one on here.

If he is a teen, you have even less reason to be concerned. Enjoy your cruise.

He’s only 12 !

He’s only 12 !

Twelve is good. Old enough to answer questions.

We started taking our oldest granddaughter when she was seven. Just took all three, now 8, 11 and 17, on a spring break cruise. Two different last names, no problem boarding or returning.

Twelve is good. Old enough to answer questions.

We started taking our oldest granddaughter when she was seven. Just took all three, now 8, 11 and 17, on a spring break cruise. Two different last names, no problem boarding or returning.

oK sorry just want to be super s safe ! So I’ll have mom sign not step dad and get it notorized ! Really want the kids to have a great time

We downloaded the form from RCI website then tweaked the wording to include giving permission to take the children out of the country via flight etc. We got it notarized as well.

Certainly at UK airline checkin they want to see docs from the parents giving permission and RCI check in have demanded to see the docs each time.

Glad we had all sorted beforehand. Just in case.

Funnily enough only airline not to ask to see permission docs iwas AA yesterday but BA very strict which is a good thing but can’t say AA won’t ask next time or not.