IN The Kitchen With Jacques?

Sea42

This is listed a a culinary class our our cruise. It makes it sound like Jacques is leading the class but I'm guessing that's not the case. But I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with this class and can tell me if it is just about making salad dressings. Thanks for any information you can share!

IN The Kitchen With Jacques

January 6, 2019 Available Times:

Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes $69.00 / guest

Help us celebrate the glorious career of our Executive Culinary Director, Jacques Pépin. Regarded in the chef community as the master of technique, Jacques has demonstrated a lifelong passion for culinary technique that inspired this class. Brush up on your knife skills and master the emulsion – the secret to perfect salad dressings. Prepare a collection of delicious dishes while practicing the basic techniques that chefs have learned from Jacques over the past six decades.

no Jacques , JUST knife skills and emulsions ( both skills that are stndard chef training stuff) Emulations can be a lot Salad dressing, Caramelized onions, Mayonnaise, etc. Oil and acid pretty simple

The cooking class on O is 90%entertainment 10% teaching People take them because of the fun atmosphere and something to do on a sea day.... No more no less

Read my reply in your massage in yours

Thanks for the information. The classes do look like fun. It's now just a matter of narrowing down the choices. I've already selected the grilling class because it was the one that interested my husband and I have a few others that appeal to me.

I was very disappointed to learn that HAL has changed their hands on cooking classes to demos where you don't even sample the food anymore. How boring!

Like Hawaiian said it's a lot more fun that really learning something. You do pick up a few tips, however if you cook now the class is going to be a lot more fun--it's a nice way to spend a few hours on a sea day.

Which brings me to this question. If a cruise is listed as a "Jacques Pepin Cruise" but doesn't say he is on it as a host will he be onboard?

The description says ;

"

Guests will be treated to specially designed signature menus, engaging lectures, culinary demonstrations and much more."

It is in the fall of 19 and I'm wondering if they are waiting until closer to announce that one way or the other depending on him.

I've seen others that says he is hosting the cruise, as well as his daughter.

Which brings me to this question. If a cruise is listed as a "Jacques Pepin Cruise" but doesn't say he is on it as a host will he be onboard?

I am surprised you asked this question

If it is listed as a Jacques Pepin cruise then he will usually be onboard

He usually sails once a year but I think Claudine has taken over the Pepin cruises now

You could always ask your TA to find out for sure

I am surprised you asked this question

If it is listed as a Jacques Pepin cruise then he will usually be onboard

He usually sails once a year but I think Claudine has taken over the Pepin cruises now

You could always ask your TA to find out for sure

I'm sure I wasn't quite clear. There are some cruises on the website that state he will be hosting the cruise. Ours doesn't have that statement. It only says it's a Jacques Pepin cruise. That's why I asked. Kind of like the culinary classes that use his name, but he's not actually teaching them.