Bed by the window - calling all seniors!

warmwinds

Is this meant to be helpful?

I think it’s in reference to the big deal people make over where the bed is located. Not helpful in the context of the thread, but I’ve always thought it was ridiculous that people worry about the location of the bed. I mean it’s a whole 4 ft difference![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG...the cabins are NOT huge...you are close to both the bathroom AND window in a ship's cabin!

I've been on, oh, 20 or so Celebrity ships...this is not a news flash. But as someone who has never had to navigate couches, chairs, GLASS tables in the middle of the night...that's what's relevant to me.

Maybe if you're 20, 30, 40, 50 navigating the room is not a big deal, but when you get into Medicare age it's not as easy as it once was.

I've been on, oh, 20 or so Celebrity ships...this is not a news flash. But as someone who has never had to navigate couches, chairs, GLASS tables in the middle of the night...that's what's relevant to me.

Maybe if you're 20, 30, 40, 50 navigating the room is not a big deal, but when you get into Medicare age it's not as easy as it once was.

Deleted

I like a tea light, bought in Michael’s type stores. It looks like a candle, but is battery powered. It casts a yellow, flickering “firelight”, and I put bring one for bathrooms in hotel rooms and cruise cabin bathrooms.

I should have added "for us"...you can be 90 and quite spry or 30 with mobility issues. Not the point...I know "for us" it will be an issue and I'm grateful for all the helpful hints.

We use a red motion activated nightlight or red led tea light. Both can be bought online. It doesn't destroy your night vision/awaken you but you can clearly see all obstacles.

Sent from while daydreaming I am in Luminae

I was in the US Navy and when I did duty on a ship we had red lights on at night. It doesn’t interfere with your sleep cycle like white light does. It also provides good visibility. I get up several times each night so I purchased a regular light sensor night light and some red bulbs to put in them. Works great! It turns it on when it’s dark. I don’t have to mess with it. I got mine thru Amazon. I’m taking mine in August on the Solstice.

No matter where the bed is located, dh and I always have a miniature flashlight on our nightstands.

We don't travel without them. .

That is what we do as well. We just bring along the small flashlights that we keep on our nightstands at home.

Never a problem bumping into anything or finding anything at night as you can simply point the light wherever you want it.

If we are going to drop something while stumbling around half asleep in the middle of the night, we would rather drop a cheap flashlight than a phone.

We dislike nightlights that stay on all night because we prefer to sleep in a dark room.