does carnival ever move cabins on someone?

robr

My family and another have separate reservations for adjacent cabins. I just want to be sure Carnival doesn't have a tendency to move cabins without warning on passengers. If one of our cabins is moved, we have zero interest in this cruise, it took quite a bit of work to find a cruise on this specific week with two balcony cabins, one that accommodates 3 and the other 4 that were adjacent.

Have only heard a few reasons why a Cabin would change without advance knowledge....mechanical issues or under occupancy (ie 3 booked into a quad occupancy cabin)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have only heard a few reasons why a Cabin would change without advance knowledge....mechanical issues or under occupancy (ie 3 booked into a quad occupancy cabin)

.......or if an able bodied person booked an HC cabin that was subsequently needed for a disabled person.

OP, there are no guarantees in anything in life. While the chance is tiny that you would be forceably moved, there is always a possibility due to multiple reasons.

I know this probably doesn't apply in your case OP, but if one of your cabins is a handicapped cabin and no passenger is handicapped, the people in that cabin can be moved if someone needs it.

I have sailed on Carnival many times and have never been moved unless I agreed to pay more to upgrade to a suite as an example. I'm sure though that there is no way anyone will ever guarantee that you won't be moved as that is posted in the cruise contract I believe.

Having said that, if it is that important that you can't be guaranteed you won't be moved, I'd cancel the cruise and look for some other type vacation as all cruise lines have basically the same policies. The odds are with you to not be moved, but, nothing is cast in stone.

ok thanks, i realize nothing is guaranteed, just wanted to make sure it was not something that was relatively common. sounds like there would really have to be some extenuating circumstances. i wasnt sure if i should contact carnival to have them put notes on both accounts, but sounds like that wont be necessary

ok thanks, i realize nothing is guaranteed, just wanted to make sure it was not something that was relatively common. sounds like there would really have to be some extenuating circumstances. i wasnt sure if i should contact carnival to have them put notes on both accounts, but sounds like that wont be necessary

It still wouldn't hurt to contact them and have them put a note on your account to contact prior to a move. No guarantee that would happen, but maybe the CSR's would read it.

One unusual circumstance that I ran into in February was that the ship (Victory) went into a major dry dock overhaul between the time when I booked the cruise to the actual departure date.

During the dry dock the section of the ship where we had chosen our cabin had been dramatically changed to the point where our assigned obstructed view interior cabin turned into one of two Captain’s Suites.

We learned of this and reached out to Carnival in advance for clarification as to whether or not we would be assigned the same cabin number as we had started to purchase items onto our cruise account and were arranging group dinner seating with our friends and family sailing with us. We were told by the cruise charter company that we would be staying in the same cabin number.

Two weeks before our sailing everything suddenly changed. I actually didn’t find out until I logged into the cruise account and noticed the cabin number change. Nobody called to inform us of this l and all of the things we had purchased for the original cabin had vanished from our cruise page. But the credit card company still showed that I had been charged. They had switched us to a tiny interior cabin in the back of the ship. It took over two hours of phone calls and speaking with 5 different people at Carnival to get things straightened out. They ended up putting us into a Scenic Ocean View Cabin over the bridge just two doors down from where we had initially been assigned.

So long story short, yes, there are situations where they will change your cabin assignments without prior warning. However those situations are rare. Keep an eye on your cruise reservation online to see if any changes are made.

If this is a big concern, then call Carnival with both booking numbers and make sure the reservations are linked together. Not only will this allow you to make sure you’re seated together at dinner (if doing scheduled dining), but it would make it extremely unlikely that they would move either of you or even offer any upgrades since your linked bookings indicate you want to stay together.

I get people wouldn’t want to be moved from a balcony to an inside. Why the need they have to be adjacent....Would a few doors down really that big of a deal? [emoji848]

If they are booked in Havana Cabanas, for example, I could see why they would want to be next to each other, since the patio space is only semi-private anyway. Or perhaps they are in balcony rooms and want the dividers open. I’m sure they have their reasons.

If this is a big concern, then call Carnival with both booking numbers and make sure the reservations are linked together. Not only will this allow you to make sure you’re seated together at dinner (if doing scheduled dining), but it would make it extremely unlikely that they would move either of you or even offer any upgrades since your linked bookings indicate you want to stay together.

We had 14 friends and family booked us when our issue occurred. I called to link our bookings for dinner seating.

Booking numbers and linking does not guarantee cabin location. Nor does it guarantee group seating at dinner from our experience.

In your case, with three in one cabin and four in the other, it is highly unlikely you will be moved.

I think the risk would be much higher if there were only two staying in a quad cabin, but three in a quad is different... there are fewer places to move to and fewer reasons the cruise line would want to.

We had 14 friends and family booked us when our issue occurred. I called to link our bookings for dinner seating.

Booking numbers and linking does not guarantee cabin location. Nor does it guarantee group seating at dinner from our experience.

True. Nothing is guaranteed. But linked bookings make it less likely for changes since they know it would affect more than just one cabin. This is especially true when kids are booked in another cabin (across the hall, for example). Carnival cannot move one cabin without then violating their own policies on the location of children to their parents. Linked bookings don't guarantee anything with all adults, but it does at least encourage them to look for another cabin to move if they need a certain cabin type.

As for dining, again I agree that nothing is guaranteed. However, you have next to no chance at all of sitting together if the bookings aren't linked. Though, if they are linked, they will do their best to seat everyone together.

True. Nothing is guaranteed. But linked bookings make it less likely for changes since they know it would affect more than just one cabin. This is especially true when kids are booked in another cabin (across the hall, for example). Carnival cannot move one cabin without then violating their own policies on the location of children to their parents. Linked bookings don't guarantee anything with all adults, but it does at least encourage them to look for another cabin to move if they need a certain cabin type.

As for dining, again I agree that nothing is guaranteed. However, you have next to no chance at all of sitting together if the bookings aren't linked. Though, if they are linked, they will do their best to seat everyone together.

Depends on the age of the "children".

Don't want to hijack this thread, but curious about this comment! I am booked in a cabin on the new Panorama that had an "occupancy restriction" - basically there will be myself and 2 children but I had to book a cabin that accommodates 5 rather than 4 due to the bedding configuration (I have a boy and girl and the 4 person had a double sofa bed rather than pullmans). The rep told me that if they needed the room for a bigger group then I would be moved - how does this work if there are no rooms in the same category that I booked that would accommodate us?

After reading the possibilities on here, I called the person that booked us and asked about it. She said there would be no reason to move us and in the 6 years she's worked there she's only seen it done in an emergency twice and all parties were contacted and in agreement.