Project Runway?

BlueHerons

So I am sitting here watching "Road to the Runway" tring to decide who looks like they will make it through to the end. My picture keeps cutting out every couple of minutes - annoying. Then at about 22 minutes into the show the picture goes completely. Four channels now MIA. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow and watch the episode online. :mad:

I like the changes they made...

1) giving them an amount of money that they have to budget -- will be interesting to see if some run out

2) giving Tim Gunn a rescue

3) up close judging - I like that the judges can really see the construction techniques

4) not knowing who created an item on the runway

5) they are not working in teams!

I would have sent Sandro home. Even his model looked embarrassed. I'm glad they kept Unicorn guy because he is funny. I agreed with the winner but I liked Sue's also.

1) giving them an amount of money that they have to budget -- will be interesting to see if some run out

3) up close judging - I like that the judges can really see the construction techniques

I would have sent Sandro home. Even his model looked embarrassed. I'm glad they kept Unicorn guy because he is funny. I agreed with the winner but I liked Sue's also.

Yes to the above points!

It's almost like they listened to their loyal viewers -- hurrah. I have hopes that this will be a good season. :)

It's interesting that they chose several of them based on their textile-making, yet on the show they'll have limited ability to do any of that.

Edited by cruisemom42

I was very happy with number 4 until I realized that they know exactly who created each garment before the decision is made about who gets Auf'ed. Not the blind judging that I had hoped for, as the judges can still save their chosen darlings.

I agree with the changes - don't know what took them so long!

I remember a story from one of Tim's books - one year they auctioned off the weekly winning designs. One of the winners was so shockingly poorly made that Tim purchased the dress himself so no fan could see the shoddy work and sent it to Nina as she was the most vocal about loving the design. Wonder how the results would have changed if this was implemented earlier?

I agree with them not sending Sandro home at this time and don't necessarily have a problem sending home who they did. Based on that design, she probably wouldn't have gone very far regardless. For me, it was between her and Timothy, and he at least has a different perspective so I could understand them wanting to see more.

Except for the hoo ha showing and over accessorizing, I actually liked Sandro's basic design. I think the judges understood the difficultly of working with such a slippery fabric and wasn't necessarily knocking people for design flaws when there was obvious well thought out design (which is why I think the judges never mentioned it). They were otherwise impressed when they saw it up close.

What I am unhappy about is that they wanted to prove a point about not following the rules and then sent Miranda back in the top 3. I would have preferred they keep her last and make her sweat. I think that would have proved their point to all of the contestants.

I wonder if they had realized what Miranda had done before they praised her so much (and put her in the top 3) if they would have sent her home for not following the rules. They saved face by keeping her on (even though making her one of the bottom four).

Finally got to watch the opener.

Totally agree with the changes. Do wish there was no knowledge of who was who until the very end, but how could they give critiques? So there you go.

My personal favorite was Justin's flirty red dress. I noticed several of the female designers said, " I would wear that." I just thought it was the perfect use of material and I really liked those floaty panels. Brandon's dress was fine, I just wish the colors on the front had something to do with the back or vice versa.

Sandro's outfit did have a lot of seams and they looked good. Funny the judges didn't mention anything about it's revealing nature. BTW, no one saw her vagina. Jeez. Get your body parts right.

Had no problem with Angela going at all.

Timothy: As soon as he flicked that Bic (or whatever) I was like, "WHAT!" Glad he got called out on it after all his other sustainability self-restrictions.

I felt so sorry for Unicorn Boy's model! And, I was glad to see she walked down the aisle instead of doing a "performance."

I keep going back and forth about his model. On the one hand, I sympathize with her not wanting to do something that she felt would just make her look foolish, especially since she was already "penalized" by not getting makeup or proper hair styling. But on the other hand, she's the model -- it's her job to display the garments the way the designer wants them to be displayed. Are any other designers going to want to hire a model who refuses to do her job?

What in the world was wrong with the judges tonight?:confused::confused::confused: My top three favorites (Justin, Ken and Bradon) did not even make it into their top three. Did not care for Sandro's at all (looked trashy, IMO). And then they kept Timothy and Helen. Helen's was the worst made item I think I have ever seen on PR.

So glad it's back...however....

The whole blind judging thing, unless they can't see the designers during the runway all they have to do is glance at the group to see who reacts in the first few seconds.:rolleyes:

First week thought the judging was OK but agreeing that "nature boy" Timothy should have been auffed.

Week two I think the whole crying bit influenced the decision to let Helen stay. I thought Timothy's dress wasn't any worse than some of the others. The green dress was pretty but the peplum has been done so many times. Loved the dress Brandon did and loved that he didn't blow the bank and chose a synthetic fabric. He did a lovely simple dress and made a little cover up to go with.

I thought Zac made some very valid comments and the costume designer guy as well. Wasn't thrilled with Kate's dress as again it's been done before but it was pretty with the sapphires. :)

Kate's dress reminded me of scenes in movies or tv where a couple is in bed and the woman gets up wrapped in just a sheet.

LOL!!!!

I would not have auf'd Kahindo. I actually kinda liked her dress. Timothy should have gone. It was even the wrong neckline for that necklace. It had no redeeming points at all.

Agree about the tears getting Ellen (?) a stay of execution.

What in the world was wrong with the judges tonight?:confused::confused::confused: My top three favorites (Justin, Ken and Bradon) did not even make it into their top three.

As usual, the show producers seem to "hide" some of the talent early in the competition, so that it seems only later on that they emerge from the pack as leaders. I'm sure that's what they were doing here by not rewarding several folks who had some designs I thought were better than the ones chosen as the best. (Blind judging -- yeah, right).

As to Helen's being the worst item......well, I think I've seen worse. Santino sent some at least one pretty awful unfinished piece down the runway during his original season. And what about the girl who spat on her dress? :eek:

LOL....I just knew someone would have a feature on the "worst" Project Runway designs ever, and sure enough:

http://tv.msn.com/reality-tv/ugliest-designs-project-runway/photo-gallery/feature/?photoidx=4

Kate's dress reminded me of scenes in movies or tv where a couple is in bed and the woman gets up wrapped in just a sheet.

Hi, I have been reading this thread for a while, I thought I would jump in and start posting. :)

I think when Kate was telling the judges about her dress she said something like, she wanted it to look like the girl was royalty and that she was awakened at night and she woke up and threw the sheet around her and then off course she put her jewels on.

Hi, I have been reading this thread for a while, I thought I would jump in and start posting. :)

I think when Kate was telling the judges about her dress she said something like, she wanted it to look like the girl was royalty and that she was awakened at night and she woke up and threw the sheet around her and then off course she put her jewels on.

Yes that's what she said. I liked her dress a lot. There was a lot of hard construction that she did well. I think Timothy should have gone for sure. That dress was horrible-a racer front dress? WHAT?

As usual, the show producers seem to "hide" some of the talent early in the competition, so that it seems only later on that they emerge from the pack as leaders. I'm sure that's what they were doing here by not rewarding several folks who had some designs I thought were better than the ones chosen as the best. (Blind judging -- yeah, right).

I went back and watched "Road to the Runway" (the one I had TV trouble with) and realized that there are a few designers that have not had much attention at all. I don't know if this is because they are not "drama queens" or what.

An aside: I find the number of commercials :mad:.

I had my Thursday night viewing interrupted and watched the parts I missed

ON DEMAND. Every commercial break was 5 minutes long and came every 7 minutes. The ON DEMAND running time is 90 minutes, the same as first run.

There are too many commercials, it seems that they extended to 90 minutes only to add more commercials.

LOL....I just knew someone would have a feature on the "worst" Project Runway designs ever, and sure enough:

http://tv.msn.com/reality-tv/ugliest-designs-project-runway/photo-gallery/feature/?photoidx=4

Thanks for sharing this link...I had forgotten how many awefull designs there had been over the seasons! LOL:eek: