Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Okay spilling...

Here is what actually went down during the "Mom" challenge...

So, really and truly every other mom/sister, wanted their own child/sibling to win; but also really tried their best to support and be good models for their designers.

They truly did their best to work with, help, and support their designers and do their best on the runway, and say good things during the Q & A.

EXCEPT Angela and her mom!

What you only see a little bit of if you re-watch the episode (but was happening ALL day) is that Angela kept pulling her mom back behind the changing screen and "coaching" her mom on what to say or not to say to Jeffrey and on the runway. Basically the ultimate coaching for Angela to get "passive agressive" revenge on Jeffrey.

What is really funny, is that Angela and her mom thought that they were being "secretive" talking behind the changing screens, but doh! Your wireless mikes are still on! The sound guys heard and recorded everything they said. Everybody in the room was aware of the "shady" behavior.

Jeffrey was trying his best, and Angela's mom wasn't saying anything, because Angela was "coaching" her not to...

Jeffrey easily would have changed or adapted the outfit, if she had talked and been upfront with him throughout the process (as all of the other moms/sisters did with their designers); but nothing was said until there was only 4 hours left. Fabric is bought and cut, really difficult for Jeffrey to do any changes at that point. He was frustrated.

Then Angela's mom is not 100% completely crying because of Jeffrey - she is crying out of frustration of being emotionally pushed and pulled between Jeffery and what her own daughter Angela keeps coaching her to do and say. Instead of "helping" her mom work and communicate with Jeffrey and work it out, she keeps manipulating her mom into passive agressive conflict.

Now also note, if you re-watch the episode, Angela's mom is picked last (no designer wants to pick her); because nobody likes Angela, and everybody was dreading (knowing/sensing that there would be issues) if they had to work with Angela's mom.

A lot of mom's were chosen for the mom/sister personality and how they would be to work with. Prime example - Kayne picked Michael's mom, because he and Michael are really good friends and get along. He knew that Michael's mom would be great and fun to work with, so that's why he chose her.

And note a literal quote from Laura:

"I think a lot of the other mothers were like...

You do what you need to do, I'll walk it on the runway.

I'm here to help you, you know.

And Angela's mother took it really personally, so Jeffrey had a much harder time..."

Now I'm not defending Jeffrey per se, or anyone treating anyone's parent with disrespect...

I'm just presenting what really happened backstage, so you see it from a different perspective.

The producers had the footage to make either Jeffrey or Angela look like "the bad guy" in this situation. It easly could have been edited either way. But, it gets better ratings, and causes more "controversy" (and it worked obviously as people are still talking about it) to present it as Jeffrey the evil mother hater.

Just note also at the end of this episode he is so emotionally spent and distraught over the entire thing that he is literally in tears.

(Then, I also have to add my personal two cents in here, that I have an amazingly super cool mom, and she never would have behaved that way at all. She would have been totally 100% supportive, constructive, and help the designer as much as she could. Then she would have shyly and slightly embarrassed worked it down the runway. My mom is much more like Kayne, Michael and Uli's moms - I am blessed:D )

Anyway I think that's it for now...

And don't be too upset at the outcome and who the actual "winner" is...

I promise you, all four of these finalists have already "made it", and they will have careers out of this. And I should include Kayne in that as well.

In certain different ways, he may end up the most benefitted and successful of them all.

Oh, and I don't know what Laura is talking about in the loft, she doesn't need the money to start her own line...

She needed the attention and exposure that she's gotten...

The prize money, not so much.

CJW

PS Just adding for covering butt "legal" purposes (and watch what I'm going to say, it's hysterical, but really is legit for any butt covering purposes believe it or not...)

All of the above statements are just conjecture, heresay, and speculation. I'm just a big idiot talking out the side of my mouth, and I really don't know anything. Angela is a wonderful human being, and her mom is a Goddess of the highest caliber. In fact all of the people involved in any way with Project Runway are all spectacular salt of the earth type human beings, and we should all aspire to be as fantastic as they are!;)

CJW -- that's great!!! Especially the disclaimer;)

Do you have any inside buzz on Vincent? They seemed to be painting him as retro cool (think Austin Powers), but that melt down in the reunion show!!! It showed an entirely different side.

Who's the real Vincent?

And, thanks for all you've added to this thread!

(Stilll hoping for a link to Chloe's and Jay's Spring 2007 shows)

While I'm not a big fan of Jeffrey's (and I'm sure editting has something to do with that), he did say something that impressed me on the mother/sister episode. During the big blow-up with Angela's mom, she said that she likes certain styles and knows what looks good on her. Jeffrey said something like maybe other people see something beautiful in you that you don't see. I got to give him that one. That said the outfit was ugly!

WRT: Jeffre'ys sewing skills(or lack therof). I take into consideration that during the filming, their time limit was measured in hours.. literally. that 2 days or whatever they had to put together an outfit also consisted of shopping for fabric, fitting, make up, hair and being kicked out of the workroom forcebly.

At home, he had much more control. he could have taken his time and budgeted it much more to his advantage... If he wanted to stay up til 0400 he could., plus with his other line, I am sure he had somebody doing the sewing there so that he could devote his own personal time on the PR collection. if he screwed up a seam, he had the time to rip it out and start over again.

I hope he was vindicated, and I hope Laura has the grace and humility to apologize.

But what's really annoying is Wednesday is Mr Spook's 40th birthday so I can't watch it live!! wahhh!!!!! :( I have to tape it.

I really enjoyed this last show throwing out the suspense of if Jeffery sewed all his stuff. It was nice to see these talented people on their own turf.

And if I could contact Laura I could tell her fact five boys in row is not special. Mr Ula is second oldest of five boys, child number six was a girl.

Thanks Curt.

I wanted to add one more observation from the mom challenge. When Angela's mom was the last one left and Jeffrey got her by default and she looked so dejected just standing there, he said " I pick Angela's mom!" Then he looked right at her and said "We're gonna have a good time" and winked at her and she smiled. So I knew then that he was trying to put her at ease about being picked last even though he didn't want her because of Angela.

Okay spilling...

Here is what actually went down during the "Mom" challenge...

And don't be too upset at the outcome and who the actual "winner" is...

I promise you, all four of these finalists have already "made it", and they will have careers out of this. And I should include Kayne in that as well.

In certain different ways, he may end up the most benefitted and successful of them all.

!;)

Aha! I did read that one right!

I don't think I'll be too upset at the outcome of the show! LOL!

Thanks for the spillage Curt!

Lois, I hope you did read this because Curt basically confirmed what I suspected I watched. I think the editors really were unfair to him and I think Curt got it across better than I did!

Michael Michael Michael

Yes, he's young and less experienced but I'm still with him.

BUT, If he doesn't make it I would vote for Laura because she's polished and seems to be business savvy. LOL, ok, maybe that doesn't have much to do with designing, but that's my second choice right now.

Jeffrey is talented I'll give him that but still not my choice.

My money is also on Jeffrey and not just because I think he is the most talented.

The past two winners have not really done anything. Jay turned the money down so he could design under his own terms and I think just brought his first collection since Project Runway to Olympus Fashion Week. That was an embarrassment for PR.

Chloe, season two winner, took her winnings and went back to Texas. She even said she probably wouldn't change much and didn't want to get into the trenches that are Seventh Avenue. I don't think the judges actually believed her but she was true to her word. Another embarrassment for PR.

Jeffrey already has a fairly successful design business and the win on Project Runway could very easily send him into the big time. He is the most likely for that to happen to.

If that did happen, Project Runway would have serious credibility as being able to produce the "Next Great American Designer" as they advertise they are doing.

I think a win by Jeffrey would position him for mass market.

Any opinions about my theory? Curt? Jane?