Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Hi,:) for those who missed the 1st run episode last night....if you

watch on Wednesdays before 10:00pm Eastern time they show

every episode before that.......in other words at 9:00 is the previous

week. 8:00 is the one 2 weeks prior...etc....

There is always a chance to catch up;)

Oh, I liked Rahmi's outfit too:)

I definitely agreed with the top 3 and the bottom 3 this week.

Loved Rahmi's and Jillian's outfits. Jillian really did take a risk since she was the only one that used edible materials and I would've liked to have seen her rewarded for that. But Rahmi's was fantastic, down to the details on the pleats. Chris really did a beautiful garment as well, very sophisticated - although I would've liked to have seen his parade float:p. The only other outfit I really loved was Kevin's I believed, very understated.

As to the bottom 3, I just didn't like any of them, although of the 3 Elissa's was the one that really pushed my buttons. I think if it hadn't had the metallic silver swimmie's (gotta agree with Christian on this one) on the arms which reminded me of a bad figure skating costume or prom dress from the 80s, it might have been better than Victorya's or Sweetpea's, although the neckline was driving me bonkers as well.

And Christian didn't do a jacket for once!! Shocker!

Great episode!

I totally dug the top 3 and thought Rami's dress was brilliant.

There was one outfit in the group that looked nice (can't remember who's but it had a little bolero jacket) but was just not in keeping with the spirit of the competition. I might have put it in place of Vyctoria's for that reason alone.

One thing that struck me as how little catty drama there was in this one. More dress-making panic. Even Christian's comments were minimized (and you know since he finished so fast, there were tons).

I like Elisa and was sorry to see her go, but that dress had no redeeming characteristics. At least the other bottom two didn't make your eyes bleed to look at them.

I always hate that this is "a contest for the models, too" since they are mere pawns in the whole thing. Jillian's model showed the right stuff for team work, but they really are at the mercy of their designers.

Don't you know the girls are all holding their breath when they walk into the room and see what awaits them. It just doesn't seem fair. Maybe if the models got to pick their designer once in awhile. That could be a real eye opener for some of the designers.LOL

I've watched so many episodes of Project Runway and America's Next Top Model the last 2 days. My DVR is set to record all episodes of both and there have been marathons this week!

I was pleasantly surprised to find the new episode of PR early this morning, I thought it was a fun challenge. This is probably the first episode that I had to totally agree with the judges on their decision. I've never been crazy for Elisa, the only time she ever had a garment look anywhere close to a designer look was when she was a part of a team. She reminded me of things girls used to sew up back in high school home ec classes, back in the late 60's. I almost wish I could see the first episode of how she was selected for the competition, she had to have brought more to the table than she has since the series started.

I can see Rami, Jillian and Victorya as the final 3, but there have been some surprises in other series. I watched the series with that bozo, Santino, staying until the final 3, so anything can happen! We watched last years series, with Jeffrey winning..... egads you do have to wonder if the judges are really paying any attention. I thought Jeffreys collection was a mess, different yes, but still a mess and absolutely nothing ground breaking or different. I suppose it's all decided for more controversial TV, so people like us have something to discuss. But, it's all fun :D

I thought Jeffreys collection was a mess, different yes, but still a mess and absolutely nothing ground breaking or different. I suppose it's all decided for more controversial TV, so people like us have something to discuss. But, it's all fun :D

Not quite right. Should have read, different from anything the others did, but not so different as opposed to styles you see in stores either now or in the past. The dress with the green stripes and zippers was my second least favorite, only one step up from his too short evening dress. Not pretty, not edgy enough (to me) not stylish, just a mess.

But, I suppose it's like food or wine and can all be subjective. I want to see something innovative as well as supreme construction.

Not quite right. Should have read, different from anything the others did, but not so different as opposed to styles you see in stores either now or in the past. The dress with the green stripes and zippers was my second least favorite, only one step up from his too short evening dress. Not pretty, not edgy enough (to me) not stylish, just a mess.

But, I suppose it's like food or wine and can all be subjective. I want to see something innovative as well as supreme construction.

Plus he was such a jerk. Especially to Angela's mother, and that was unforgivable.

I don't thoroughly dislike any of the designers this year like I have in previous years, but I don't just love any of them either, though Chris and Christian are good for a laugh. When Christian was talking about how weird Elisa was I had to laugh.

Well, but he wasn't competing against what's in the stores, he was competing against the other finalists. His collection was waaayyy better than Michael's. Laura's collection, lovely as it was, can hardly be called innovative. And Ulli, although she tried to diversify, didn't really have much range.

I think you were too hard on Stephen. If the right accessories are added it IS fashion forward...for a nun!:D :D :D

pic?id=7a90rxpZQZiibSF3b7Mlx9fXM5WPZikxMI7mv4xQp5Fd3Ig=&size=l

I made the mistake of looking at this while at work. Luckily everybody else was away from their desks!!

BTW, I saw you mention Dickinson on another thread. Are you from Carlisle?

I made the mistake of looking at this while at work. Luckily everybody else was away from their desks!!

BTW, I saw you mention Dickinson on another thread. Are you from Carlisle?

Yes, you're familiar with our little town?

Well, but he wasn't competing against what's in the stores, he was competing against the other finalists. His collection was waaayyy better than Michael's. Laura's collection, lovely as it was, can hardly be called innovative. And Ulli, although she tried to diversify, didn't really have much range.

Your mention of Laura and Uli (plus Santino) reminded me of what I was missing this season -- a designer with a point of view. These guys seem interchangeable as far as looks. Great names are made by being identifiable. None of these guys are really showing that.

Thanks for the pics, CJW.

Yep, it's Kevin's I would have put in the bottom 3. Not because it's bad, but because it's too dang safe. There's nothing to it as far as the challenge parameters went. He went against the challenge. Bad attitude. I want him aufed.

I think Rami and Jillian are sho-ins. I'm leaning towards Kit as the third finalist, but only slightly.

Project Runway should be fun tonight, prom gowns for a parochial school. Will be interesting to see what fashion forward is in this area.:)

Really?.....forgive my ignorance but are most Parochical Schools

still "Uniforms only"?

Do you think they had to get permission to do this? I am assuming

(I know what they say about assuming anything;) )but I always

think of Parochial as Catholic~isn't that correct?

What kind of gowns do you think the designers will do? I know

they all usually try to step outside of the box but how far will

they step for this?

Not all parochial schools are Catholic - we have a Missouri Synod Lutheran one here in town. I sent my son to a Catholic school for grades 4-8 even though we're not Catholic - and they did have to wear uniforms.

But I think the prom gowns are going to have to be pretty conservative, not a lot of bare skin - that's probably the underlying challenge in this one.

Really?.....forgive my ignorance but are most Parochical Schools

still "Uniforms only"?

Do you think they had to get permission to do this? I am assuming

(I know what they say about assuming anything;) )but I always

think of Parochial as Catholic~isn't that correct?

What kind of gowns do you think the designers will do? I know

they all usually try to step outside of the box but how far will

they step for this?

Yes, parochial Catholic schools wear uniforms but not all parochial schools are Catholic. Tonight's show is dealing with St. Someone or Other (I had only one ear on the Today Show), and the girls had on uniforms. I already got the Nuns ready for prom night.:D :D :D

So, what do ya'll think? They showed plenty of skin....I guess

attending a Parochial School was not a factor in the choices.

I am tired...going to bed.

Oh, I did like the blue dress though;) I could not wear it but

I loved the color:)

I was so excited when I read what the challenge was. I knew Christian would suck at it. I thought Chris, Jillian, and Rickey would do the best.

I was partially right. Mainly wrong.

Do none of you know any teens? The judges obviously didn't. They were totally clueless. But, so were almost all of the designers.

This competition was a total mess, judge wise and designer wise.

FYI, there were barely any nuns when I was in Catholic HS 35 years ago (and most of those quit shortly there after). And, they had absolutely nothing to do with prom in any way. BTW, parochial means belonging to a parish. I went to a Catholic HS, but it belonged to the diocese to serve several parishes. So, at least now you know what parochial means.

Sorry. I am kinda in a bitchy mood tonight because everyone in this episode was so clueless.

I get the feeling you (and the judges) must have not seen any girls going to prom in a long time. They are hot, hot, hot. Much skin -- though in the South, no one would wear a short, cocktail style dress. (The only other time she might wear a long dress is at her wedding. You might see hems of varying lengths, however.)

Chris should have won. I bet I could show pix of all the dresses to all the young girls I know, and no one would pick anything but his dress and Sweet Ps. And his was much more interesting.

Victorya's dress? That's so what the judges would want their daughters to wear, not what their daughter's would pick.

Prom girls want to show off all their assets. Christian wouldn't know a girl's assets if they... start with the terrible color he chose -- and then he just made her look heavier. He didn't know how to listen between the words of his client -- she wanted to look special, obviously -- not like that. I knew Chris would understand -- and he did. That dress should have won.

No prom-going girl I know would have worn any of those dresses except for the two mentioned above ( Chris and Sweet P). Every girl I know from a prom last year wore much, much more beautiful (and flattering) gowns than the these, bought right off the rack.

Everyone failed at this -- judges and designers -- except for Chris and Sweet P. And only Chris made something that looked better (maybe I should say more designed?) that a simple Macy's dress.

Designers should be made to design for real people in their learning period. Then I wouldn't have to design and make my own clothes anymore!!