How do you pack your soda?

We leave on the Elation in 3 days and this will be our first time bringing our allowance of soda. How do you pack it for ease of carrying on? There are two of us, so I’m assuming we can bring 24 cans. Does it matter how they are packed? Can we just empty all 24 cans into a duffle bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We leave on the Elation in 3 days and this will be our first time bringing our allowance of soda. How do you pack it for ease of carrying on? There are two of us, so I’m assuming we can bring 24 cans. Does it matter how they are packed? Can we just empty all 24 cans into a duffle bag?

Keep in mind that your sodas cannot be packed in your checked baggage. You have to carry them on with you, so do whatever is easiest for you to carry. A rolling duffel bag (or similar) is the easiest for transporting your beverages.

12 pack per person - and a rolling shopping/utility bag works really well. Both cases fit well inside of it and they stay standing up when you have to stop. We've used them a few times. Do be prepared, depending on who is working the metal detector that day, that sometimes they will inspect your cases with a fine tooth comb and other times barely look. Don't take it personally, just smile and let them do their thing.

I'm glad this thread came up. When I sailed NCL, back when NCL ALLOWED you to bring soda and bottled water, it was checked in with luggage at the port terminal by the baggage handlers. Is it true it has to be carry-on for all ports?

NCL allowed you to print luggage tags, so I taped them to the soda cases with packing tape. I assume CCL does printable luggage tags, too, yes?

12 cans per person. So if you have 2 adults and 2 babies, you can bring 48 cans of soda with you. You can carry them however you want to as long as they're in your carry on. You cannot leave them with the porters. We keep ours in the cartons and I just sit them on top of my suitcase. With the handle of my suitcase up, they sit just fine.

They can be left in their cardboard cases, but beware, some employees at some terminals tear open the cases (looking for contraband) to the point where they can't be used anymore. If you take them in their cases, it's not a bad idea to take spare bags or something to put them in if this happens.

A couple years ago, I only wanted to take one case, so I filled half a 12-pack of Pepsi with Dr. Pepper and taped it shut. I fully expected them to inspect it, but they didn't. It was inside my carry-on luggage and they never said a word. Your mileage may vary.

NCL allowed you to print luggage tags, so I taped them to the soda cases with packing tape. I assume CCL does printable luggage tags, too, yes?
Yes, you print your luggage tags with Carnival, too, but you don't need to put them on your soda since it has to be carried on with you.

This is how we did it last month. 24 cans in the bottom of a carryon loose. They did not even ask me to open it.

We have a small cooler with wheels and an extendable handle. Made by Igloo I think. It's red and white. Two 12 packs will fit upright in the cooler with the lid open. We roll on through like that. Once we are onboard and in the cabin, we tip the steward and ask him to keep ice in the cooler daily. We always have ice in our room and don't have to go to the dining room to get it. There are size limitations for coolers so make sure you check it out. I think ours is like a 28 qt maybe? It will hold over 12 cans at a time. It's taller than it is wide. Also a good way to keep wine chilled....:)

I've always carried mine on. Since I'm flying, I don't have a cooler, or even bring an extra carry on luggage, to save on costs. I carry the 12 packs on. It's not the most convenient, but doesn't last long. There's no better soda than a 25 cent, cold, can.

I've always carried mine on. Since I'm flying, I don't have a cooler, or even bring an extra carry on luggage, to save on costs. I carry the 12 packs on. It's not the most convenient, but doesn't last long. There's no better soda than a 25 cent, cold, can.

With the restrictions on liquids placed by the TSA, how are you able to get 12 packs of sodas through the security check point at the airport?

With the restrictions on liquids placed by the TSA, how are you able to get 12 packs of sodas through the security check point at the airport?

I think the soda pirates either drive to the port, or get their taxi/uber/rental car to stop at the Publix between the airport and the port.

I don't think there is anything special you need to do to carry on the sodas. Putting all of them in one case may make sense if it is a roller type - otherwise it would be very heavy. Also you are well advised to not try and fly with them, as they can break easily. Get them after you reach your destination when flying.

I have a folding dolly that I can bungie the soda in the cartons onto and just wheel it. Easy to remove the cases for security and back onto the roller. After security you can place a carry on on the same dolly to save carrying it. Saw several people using this method on our last cruise on the Breeze

We had 36 between 3 of us. I had 16 in a cooler. DH carried a 12 pack in the carton. And SS carried the rest in a canvas grocery bag. They didn’t even open the cooler or question that I had more than SS.