1 last question - help me decide

Murphey

Crown

C749 or R406 These are both suites.

We like aft, but mid ship might be nice. I know the R deck has the narrow balcony.

It's a Med/transatlantic cruise, 25 days.

Thanks for your input/thoughts.

Crown

C749 or R406 These are both suites.

We like aft, but mid ship might be nice. I know the R deck has the narrow balcony.

It's a Med/transatlantic cruise, 25 days.

Thanks for your input/thoughts.

R406 is directly the Lido deck. Many cruisers have reported that the excessive noise (moving chairs in the early morning hours) was a big pain. Plus as you mentioned, the balcony is narrow. My choice hands down would be the aft PH. Good size balcony with that great wake view.....:):):)

**Note** We've stayed twice in the Riviera PH suites (Lido deck noise was there but didn't bother us) and also in aft facing suits**

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We love the Aft-facing suites on the corners, Vistas.
I would also opt for a Vista, preferably on Dolphin deck because of a larger balcony and less are noise than on Emerald deck. We have not sailed in a Caribe deck suite but have been in a Dolphin deck vista suite and in R405.

The Riviera deck balconies are too narrow to have the lounge chairs facing the ocean and there is only room for a small table and two chairs for dining on your balcony. The overhang from the Lido deck above extends 4-5 feet from your balcony rail so that your balcony is always in the shad e and you really can’t see the sky above.

I believe that the Caribe deck aft balconies are similar to the Dolphin deck balconies. There is a larger table and four chairs. The balcony is deep enough for the lounge chairs to face the ocean with room for a small table between them. The aft balconies are fully covered but with no overhang. Depending upon the direction of travel, you should have some sun and some shade every day.

I would rate the Riviera deck ️’s, the Caribe deck ️-️’s, and the Dolphin deck ️’s for Princess suite balconies. The owner’s suite balconies on the Pacific are ️’s for Princess suite balconies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm in the minority on this one and would take the cabin not in the aft.

We have cruised in C749 on the Crown, though it was probably 10 years ago. I disliked the motion and shuddering which may not bother people at all. The one big downside we had was that the exhaust fan blows out in this area and the smell was awful at times. Not sure if they have fixed this, but we were traveling with friends and there were many times we had to leave the balcony as it was kind of revolting. Again, it was around 10 years ago so hopefully they issue has been fixed!!

Loved the actual cabin and will say the view was spectacular!

Thanks for all your input. Most of you are right in talking about the Vista suites, however, these are the only 2 suites left so that's my choice. I think we will go with the aft, even though it's more $, but the wads of $$ we are splurging for any suite, might as well have the better one. Gulp!

Thanks for all your input. Most of you are right in talking about the Vista suites, however, these are the only 2 suites left so that's my choice. I think we will go with the aft, even though it's more $, but the wads of $$ we are splurging for any suite, might as well have the better one. Gulp!

They put those Suites in the worst locations. Why would anyone get them for the money??? Just for a Suite?

Better off getting 2 balconies if you need Family room or a good minisuite for 2, IMHO.

I'm in the minority on this one and would take the cabin not in the aft.

We have cruised in C749 on the Crown, though it was probably 10 years ago. I disliked the motion and shuddering which may not bother people at all. The one big downside we had was that the exhaust fan blows out in this area and the smell was awful at times. Not sure if they have fixed this, but we were traveling with friends and there were many times we had to leave the balcony as it was kind of revolting. Again, it was around 10 years ago so hopefully they issue has been fixed!!

Loved the actual cabin and will say the view was spectacular!

Not having sailed in C4748 or C749, I forgot about the dreaded vent and odors :o I wonder if that issue has been fixed :confused:

I found this post from 2014.

DiRonT -

You are correct based on our experience. We've been in PH C749 (should be mirror of C748) as well as VS C750 (which shoukd be mirror of C751).

Our C749 balcony was amazingly huge - much larger than the (still larger than normal) C750 and no beam (nice not to have the :loudcry:beam but we wouldn't not stay in a VS again because of it). And while we did notice the dreaded vent we didn't not love our cruise, our suite, and our fantastic balcony because of it. And we never smelled any dreaded odor from it... And that huge balcony was a great place for our UBD - which to us put some extra U in UBD!

Of course, a PH costs more than a VS. We agree the PH is the best but we also feel a VS is a great way to have virtually the same cabin inside, the same ship location, still a larger than normal balcony, and all the same suite perks but for less money than a PH the VS can be a great trade -off.

Edited by IECalCruiser
  • Like 1