NCL Stock Prices

shof515

Yet again you support NCL can you come out and declare your interest in the company. And as of last night it share price is down 2.17% on the day a huge daily loss

The share price if you research it has fallen over the last three months and it is trending downwards.

Had you wished to make an informed comment for once rather than simply refusing to hear anything bad about your NCL you would have seen the recent sell off by the board and Apollo of their shares. For once try and be unbiased.

Anyway if it was only 100 people why have NCL given a 100% credit to all people on that cruise.

Sorry mate but this time NCL have got it wrong big time and the shares are affected. As a fund manager I would be watching very carefully the results over the next twelve months as they are getting bad press and lower yields.

I think you need to check what happened to all 3 mass marketed cruise lines yesterday and see who went down the most and who has done the best or suffered the least this year. now, will NCL suffer due to the Sun episode? Who knows, over the long run, most likely not, but they may in the next few months. The thing so many do not realize, most large investors are not going to be bothered by this. They do not buy thousands of share just to see a huge profit over a very short time. I would be more concerned about the overall world market, not one company. The people who might be affected by the Sun are the little guys who do buy just a few stocks at a time.

Your comment about someone demanding from the hotel director has nothing to do with a stock holder redeeming their $100 OBC.

And Why would anyone need to know you are a stockholder just because you get $100 OBC? Like I said. Must be nice to just not care about $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately all OBC and where it comes from ( Promotional Perk, Travel Agent, etc.) is listed on your account on many computers on board ship. When I discovered that several years, I stop purchasing OBC from my stock.

Unfortunately all OBC and where it comes from ( Promotional Perk, Travel Agent, etc.) is listed on your account on many computers on board ship. When I discovered that several years, I stop purchasing OBC from my stock.

why would it matter if obc from your stock is listed in the computer system??

why is that little fact stopping you from claiming basically $100 free $$$??

why would it matter if obc from your stock is listed in the computer system??

why is that little fact stopping you from claiming basically $100 free $$$??

As I have stated several times I DO NOT WANT any staff member on any level to know that I am a stockholder-- period. Why is this so difficult to understand??

As I have stated several times I DO NOT WANT any staff member on any level to know that I am a stockholder-- period. Why is this so difficult to understand??

thats what im trying to understand.

why dont you want staff to know you're a shareholder?

what perceived difference do you think it makes??

Is the NCL stockholder OBC the type where you could use it to give tips to the staff?

Thanks.

no. from the file that Happy_Traveler_2008 linked to:

It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.

thats what im trying to understand.

why dont you want staff to know you're a shareholder?

what perceived difference do you think it makes??

Before I stopped using Stockholder OBC, I have two different Hotel Directors try to upgrade my cabin to a Suite BECAUSE they knew I was a stockholder. One of them talked a Captain into taking me to dinner because of my status. I DO NOT WANT nor expect to receive special treatment because I am a stockholder. Because of this, I no longer apply for Stockholder OBC. It is NO ONE'S business whether or not I am a stockholder. I get enough perks because of being Platinum Plus Latitude status.

End of subject.

I am very glad that you ARE NOT managing my money. Yes, Norwegian is down a bit as are other cruise companies--they are down because of The Sun? I doubt it.

All of the markets are down world wide and probably will be for the long term. Downturn has more to do with all the trade tariff discussions and the downturn in of the economy of several countries including China.

Why are you glad I anot managing your money nothing you say makes any sense.

Your analysis of the market is so flawed you are clearly not in the industry. NCL has a downward trend (line of best fit) and graph it against Carnival

Clearly you have no quantitative information about yields and current market conditions and the headwinds they are facing. The press NCL has been awful this year and does not help as reputational risk is an element in the risk profile of any company.

I think you need to check what happened to all 3 mass marketed cruise lines yesterday and see who went down the most and who has done the best or suffered the least this year. now, will NCL suffer due to the Sun episode? Who knows, over the long run, most likely not, but they may in the next few months. The thing so many do not realize, most large investors are not going to be bothered by this. They do not buy thousands of share just to see a huge profit over a very short time. I would be more concerned about the overall world market, not one company. The people who might be affected by the Sun are the little guys who do buy just a few stocks at a time.

I am grateful for this comment, which is informative and relevant.

NCL trend is down wards and something is going on behind the scenes with the Apollo sell off which was massive. It could be in the public domain already but as I do not rate the whole sector at present I may have missed it.

My view and I know that some would say rubbish is that the cruise market is overheating and I suggest that ALL lines are having difficulty filling places without deep late discounts.

The UK market about 2% of NCL so no not in any way decisive has not fallen for the "all inclusive" pricing.

I agree its about mid to long term profit but I do feel the sector will not grow and that there will now need some consolidation

Yet again you support NCL can you come out and declare your interest in the company. And as of last night it share price is down 2.17% on the day a huge daily loss

The share price if you research it has fallen over the last three months and it is trending downwards.

Had you wished to make an informed comment for once rather than simply refusing to hear anything bad about your NCL you would have seen the recent sell off by the board and Apollo of their shares. For once try and be unbiased.

Anyway if it was only 100 people why have NCL given a 100% credit to all people on that cruise.

Sorry mate but this time NCL have got it wrong big time and the shares are affected. As a fund manager I would be watching very carefully the results over the next twelve months as they are getting bad press and lower yields.

Just a tad over-dramatic, don’t you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Before I stopped using Stockholder OBC, I have two different Hotel Directors try to upgrade my cabin to a Suite BECAUSE they knew I was a stockholder. One of them talked a Captain into taking me to dinner because of my status. I DO NOT WANT nor expect to receive special treatment because I am a stockholder. Because of this, I no longer apply for Stockholder OBC. It is NO ONE'S business whether or not I am a stockholder. I get enough perks because of being Platinum Plus Latitude status.

End of subject.

We own shares in both NCL and Carnival and have not been offered anything special because of it. I wish I had been offered a suite or had dinner with the Captain. Maybe you owned a lot more shares than we do (we bought the minimum to qualify for OBC) so maybe that's the difference. I would not dream of demanding anything because we are shareholders.

We are Platinum on NCL and enjoy all the perks that come with that.

Ahh. I think I understand.

You don't want the extra attention even if it's beneficial to you.

What if the hotel director wanted to upgrade your room for free because you're a platinum plus status?

Or having a Capt dinner because of that status?

Ahh. I think I understand.

You don't want the extra attention even if it's beneficial to you.

What if the hotel director wanted to upgrade your room for free because you're a platinum plus status?

Or having a Capt dinner because of that status?

dinner with the officers is a perk for being platinum plus. i would love to have dinner with the captain

Just a tad over-dramatic, don’t you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes you are indeed right - but Brits are sometimes no as reserved as people think :) Sometimes people have to accept that even the ones they love make mistakes.

For the record we are almost Ambassador level and love NCL product but at the moment there are in my view things going wrong.

Take for instance the Spirit 2019 British Cruises announced MONTHS ago... still not on their website

Still makes no sense to me. Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a big shot on NCL. But was still invited to a Officers dinner.

No stock no OBC from travel agent.

Why was I invited? Because I am nice and intertaining and nor complaining.

:D