Who has flown Aer Lingus...questions

i notice their carry on restrictions are limited. Second personal carry on has to be a certain size. Is this well enforced? I’m concerned DH won’t be able to take his back pack and carry on bag. His backpack is bigger than required dimensions. It also limits the size of my purse/other personal carry on.

I would ask this on the Cruise Air board.

The European airlines are famous for strictly enforcing carry on weights and sizes. I have seen a lot of weighting of carry ons at check in. Far, far more rigid about this than any US airline.

i notice their carry on restrictions are limited. Second personal carry on has to be a certain size. Is this well enforced? I’m concerned DH won’t be able to take his back pack and carry on bag. His backpack is bigger than required dimensions. It also limits the size of my purse/other personal carry on.[/quo

He will have problems if his backpack is bigger. You will have to check it in. Most european airlines are very strict.

I only have experience with Air Berlin, Eurowings, Ryanair, Easyjet, Norwegian and SAS and here they have never checked my cabin bag for size or weight.

My bag is a socalled cabin bag, but not once did they want to look at it to make sure it was.

The only time there was a "problem" was this february with Eurowings where they put my bag down with the others, but they didn´t charge me. The reason probably was that it was a little turboprop airplane (Dash 8 Q400) so there wasn´t space for much luggage.

Except for SAS and Air Berlin they are all low cost carriers, so If they don´t check your luggage why would a flag carrier do it.

I can see a problem if its obviously larger or heavier than the specifications but else it should be fine.

But don´t take my word as gospel :D

We flew Aer Lingus last December. I had no idea there were carryon restrictions, and I travel heavy. No problem.

I knew the luggage weights and sizes but had no idea the personal item was as small as it is. Did you see anyone with a backpack and carry on? I’m thinking DH May have to skip taking his backpack even though it’s not large. I want something bigger than a purse because of the 21 lb carry on limit.

I only have experience with Air Berlin, Eurowings, Ryanair, Easyjet, Norwegian and SAS and here they have never checked my cabin bag for size or weight.

My bag is a socalled cabin bag, but not once did they want to look at it to make sure it was.

The only time there was a "problem" was this february with Eurowings where they put my bag down with the others, but they didn´t charge me. The reason probably was that it was a little turboprop airplane (Dash 8 Q400) so there wasn´t space for much luggage.

Except for SAS and Air Berlin they are all low cost carriers, so If they don´t check your luggage why would a flag carrier do it.

I can see a problem if its obviously larger or heavier than the specifications but else it should be fine.

But don´t take my word as gospel :D

One of my carry on bags was a little heavy when we flew Alaltalia and they made me check it but didn’t charge me, which was nice. I put everything that I’m worried about losing and can’t live without in my carry on bags.