Elite Plus unlimited internet discount?

lara68

My husband and I are both Elite Plus. We will be sailing shortly on a TA and need the unlimited internet package. I know we get a discount for that, what is that discount? Also, in the past, to apply the discount to an unlimited package, I had to go to the computer center. Is that still the case? Thanks!

Elite Plus discount is 35%. I believe you do need to go to the ILounge to get it, but I am not 100% sure. If you want to save $$ you may want to consider using your 480 minutes first (240 each) and then upgrading mid-cruise if you need regular but not constant connection. On all our longer cruises they have offered mid-ship discounts. On our last cruise we were able to get that discount, to which they applied the 35%. Buyer beware though - on the cruise before that this January (same ship!) they told us if we used our Elite Plus minutes they could not apply the 35% to the mid-cruise price. We argued to no avail. On our recent cruise they told us that was absolutely not true and we had no issue using both our minutes and then getting the discount on a mid-cruise price.

Buyer beware though - on the cruise before that this January (same ship!) they told us if we used our Elite Plus minutes they could not apply the 35% to the mid-cruise price. We argued to no avail. On our recent cruise they told us that was absolutely not true and we had no issue using both our minutes and then getting the discount on a mid-cruise price.

If you got both you were lucky. The Captain's Club benefits state that it is either minutes or 35% off the unlimited package.

To get an extra discount you can contact Captain's Club before you sail and get the discount on the pre-cruise price. The pre-cruise price is 10% less than the price on board.

Elite Plus discount is 35%. I believe you do need to go to the ILounge to get it, but I am not 100% sure. If you want to save $$ you may want to consider using your 480 minutes first (240 each) and then upgrading mid-cruise if you need regular but not constant connection. On all our longer cruises they have offered mid-ship discounts. On our last cruise we were able to get that discount, to which they applied the 35%. Buyer beware though - on the cruise before that this January (same ship!) they told us if we used our Elite Plus minutes they could not apply the 35% to the mid-cruise price. We argued to no avail. On our recent cruise they told us that was absolutely not true and we had no issue using both our minutes and then getting the discount on a mid-cruise price.

On long cruise late last year we decided to use our internet minutes and then purchase a package mid-cruise when the price is lower. We didn’t expect to get the 35% discount but did ask (never hurts to ask). We were told no discount if the minutes were used. The mid-cruise price was about 60-65% of the on board price for the full cruise. In the end it cost us more than if we had pre-purchased the unlimited package with the Elite + discount.

The answer to the OP's post is, as most questions on policy are concerned, highly dependent on your specific cruise and who you ask. Can I bring wine/liquor back to my cabin at port stops (no per policy, yes per most of my celebrity cruise experience). Does the elite plus 15% drink package upgrade apply to buying the upgrade to premium (answer: no, everyone pays the same upgrade price of $11.80 per day; actual experience: upgraded on ship and was charged $10.03 per day $10 less 15% plus tip), Do elite plus members get free gelato (official answer is one scoop free; actual experience: one scoop a day). The price to dine at Qsine is $45, can you give me a discount? (policy: (per one person selling the packages) the most HQ will allow is a 20% discount; actual experience on the same cruise asking someone else...I can give you 45% off. Are you permitted to take drinks out of the elite cocktail party...like taking a glass of wine to dinner (policy: no, drinks must be consumed at the party; actual: I've talked with captain's club hostesses when leaving while having a full glass of wine in my hand and she said "enjoy dinner".

There is really no correct answer....generally if you call HQ pre-cruise, you will pay perhaps the correct amount, but more than if you had waited until your cruise. There are only a few situations where it may be worth buying in advance:excursions when on sale for advance purchase (or very popular, limited participation ones) or drink packages that are discounted for early booking. I guess if you want to purchase the whole cruise specialty dining package, that's going to be best to book in advance. Otherwise, part of the Celebrity experience is to discover the little unique things about policy on your cruise. More than likely you'll save a few bucks...but if they follow policy...well, you haven't really lost anything, so just accept it with a smile.

If I were the original poster....I would buy one unlimited package with the discount....and I would use the 240 minute package for the other user. Remember that the unlimited package gives you one userid and one password.....it does not restrict you to using those on the same device...so you can use it most of the time, and you can sign off and let your meaningful other use it for a while. Additionally, if you really want two packages so you both can be on at the same time, the second one is offered at a reduced price (not sure if that's available in advance or documented on their web site...but it's available on-board).

Edited by ghstudio