Vow renewal

We will be on the 4//29 sailing of the Getaway and celebrating our 42nd anniversary. The last couple of years have been quite challenging for us but we’re back on track and I’m thinking that renewing our vows would be a wonderful way to celebrate making it this far. Has anyone done this onboard and if so, your thoughts on the experience?

We will be on the 4//29 sailing of the Getaway and celebrating our 42nd anniversary. The last couple of years have been quite challenging for us but we’re back on track and I’m thinking that renewing our vows would be a wonderful way to celebrate making it this far. Has anyone done this onboard and if so, your thoughts on the experience?
Congratulations, and that is an amazing idea. Have an awesome time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Many years ago, on the Norway, (yes THAT long ago!;p) my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary. It was wonderful and FREE! They gave them a lovely certificate which the captain signed after performing the ceremony. We all had sparkling wine (their version of champage), too. Mom was even given a flower to hold during the ceremony. The photographer was there to capture the experience as well. It is a cherished memory for me today, as we were there to witness the celebration.

However things have changed with the ownership change of NCL. Last year I asked about it and was told yes, we could do it for a mere $500 charge. :loudcry:One of the officers would perform the ceremony but probably not the captain. We decided to forego the "opportunity" when we celebrate our 50th this summer. In fact, after 30 cruises all on NCL, we will be celebrating our special day in a lovely suite on the Celebrity Equinox.

A couple years ago (on the Jewel I think), I was in a chapel for a scheduled function which was rather poorly attended on that day. A couple came in with their young children and announced that they were going to renew their vows. We were invited to stay but elected to let them continue without us.

I thought it was the great venue to do so and I think a few friends joined them.

A couple years ago (on the Jewel I think), I was in a chapel for a scheduled function which was rather poorly attended on that day. A couple came in with their young children and announced that they were going to renew their vows. We were invited to stay but elected to let them continue without us.

I thought it was the great venue to do so and I think a few friends joined them.

The Jewel has a chapel??

Congratulations! My parents and their best friends are renewing their vows on our January 2019 Bliss cruise. 40 years for both of them. If we go through ncl, it's $500 per couple. It includes someone to perform the ceremony, music, a red rose, a six inch wedding cake and one 8x10 photo. I asked about having a private cocktail hour but can't get any info yet, as the Bliss has yet to sail her inaugural voyage. We are also considering having the renewal on the beach in St. Thomas. it will probably cost around the same but with a far prettier location. Looking forward to hearing how your experience is!