Breakaway, her last day at home in New York, April 15.. A Salute and A Thank You!

The Breakaway is near and dear to my heart. My now 7 yr old has sailed her 4 times, and loves passing the Statue of Liberty at sail away. He is very proud of this and always talks about it. We will miss her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Such a beautiful tribute! I guess all good things must come to an end. Breakaway was our first mega-ship, and changed our cruising experience entirely (for the better). First the Dawn, now the Breakaway. I wonder who will be the next "New York" ship. Thank you NCL for giving us the Escape in the meantime!

Wishing her fair winds & following seas!

So happy I had the opportunity to cruise the BA out of NY this past March. I can't describe how special it was! But what made the cruise extra special were the people on the cruise. I don't mean the crew, although they were attentive, cheerful, amazing, top notch. But 95% of the passengers I met were from NY and the surrounding area. And they were the friendliest, most fun group of individuals ( now friends), I have ever met on vacation. So while the BA may be moving on, I'm sure the Escape will fill the void, since the passengers on board will remain the same!

I’m so excited for my first BA cruise NEXT May! We loved GA and are looking forward to sailing the Big Sister

While I must admit I’m a wee bit chaffed at NCL when they do things like move a Miami-ship to UK or a NY-ship to Baltics... I do like that newer ships are debuting and offering slightly less expensive cruises on the “old” ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Almost 7 pm local time but still at Pier 88 vs. scheduled 4pm sailaway time, weather & tides or waiting for ???

A bit choppy in the NE Atlantic, safe journey for the crossing.

b7a6677211df227aa98dfb2ddb4ab619.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Almost 7 pm local time but still at Pier 88 vs. scheduled 4pm sailaway time, weather & tides or waiting for ???

A bit choppy in the NE Atlantic, safe journey for the crossing.

b7a6677211df227aa98dfb2ddb4ab619.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just pushing off. Delay supposedly due to late disembarkation of last cruise due to shortage of customs officers. But we are on our way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember our first Breakaway sailing back in July 2014 to Bermuda. Watching the fireworks (no longer done) from our balcony on Friday night with our wine, in our pj’s.

Great memories. Great crew.

Safe Sailing to all tonight on your crossing.

Wishing I was onboard.

We were booked on Breakaway's Inaugural trip to the Bahamas. Watched her being built on ship yard webcams. Studied deck plans, and planned every aspect of our first cruise. We even got up at 2:00AM the morning she arrived in New York harbor (from Orange County NY) to watch her arrive. Also visited her at the pier twice before ever stepping foot in the terminal. Now 4 cruises completed on her it truly started to feel like home. By the way, we do plan to go see her one last time in October when she stops in before NOLA. open?id=1VJvfUMWgrq2eJbjrYw6xjg3dcNelnr7m