Dailies Q

myra711

When one ship takes over for another's route (specifically, when the Escape starts going to Bermuda from NYC instead of the Breakaway doing that run) are the dailies likely to remain the same? I'm trying to figure out what days I'm likely to be busy on planned events like Behind the Scenes tour.

TIA!

Thanks. It sounds like I will need to wait and see how things go once Escape starts the NYC - Bermuda run. I knew it might be early (we sail in August) but, for me, planning is part of the fun!

When one ship takes over for another's route (specifically, when the Escape starts going to Bermuda from NYC instead of the Breakaway doing that run) are the dailies likely to remain the same? I'm trying to figure out what days I'm likely to be busy on planned events like Behind the Scenes tour.

TIA!

NCL does not just re-use the same dailies week after week. They are continually changing. Not only does this break things up for guests sailing back-to-back cruises, but it breaks things up for the crew and helps to lessen the monotony.

IOW, what happens on the ship this Monday, will not be what happened last Monday or next Monday. While events might be similar...they won't be the same.

You see the same thing in the MDRs. NCL has 21 different menus...just so they don't have predictable repetition.

Old dailies are good if you are new and just want to see what types of activities might be offered, but I'd never plan a future cruise based on them.

Do people not realize that the duties of the Cruise Director actually include planning all activities on board, and those can and will change on a weekly basis.:confused:

I can't answer for everyone, but I for one did not know that! Thanks.

Do people not realize that the duties of the Cruise Director actually include planning all activities on board, and those can and will change on a weekly basis.:confused:

Nope, didn't know that. Only officers on staff I have ever spent any time with have been the Hotel Director, Restaurant Manager, and Chief of Security (no, I wasn't in trouble).

TIA!

BTS tours are done on sea days. If you are a Platinum member or above, it is the first Sea day.

The Escape has more churn in its dailies because the Supper Club does not have a resident act. The guest performers rotate constantly and some contract to do theater shows also. If you want to see the “general” types of activities on this itinerary, I posted daily’s from last year here. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

It will be different on the Escape.